2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2012 10:09 AM by cswain RSS

    Is "My Slingbox Info" IP address used to connect to my Slingbox?

    cswain

      A week ago my Slingbox AV worked great but I just moved and now I'm having problems. The Slingbox works fine within my home network. However when I try to connect remotely it is not found.

       

      My question is: Is the Public IP address listed on my support.slingbox.com account under "My Slingbox Info" used to connect to my Slingbox?

       

      On this page I get the wrong info as follows:

      Slingbox Public IP Address: not correct (showing public IP from my previous home)

      Slingbox Private IP Address: not correct (showing private IP from my previous home)

      Date Last Accessed: correct (today's date: 7/30/2012)

       

      The fact that it shows the I last accessed the Slingbox today (I think) means that it communicates from the Slingbox to my account on slingbox.com.

        • Re: Is "My Slingbox Info" IP address used to connect to my Slingbox?
          martcollins

          I have the same issue, it's as if the My Slingbox info doesn't get updated once its set.  Did you manage to fix the issue?

           

          Thanks

            • Re: Is "My Slingbox Info" IP address used to connect to my Slingbox?
              cswain

              In answer to your question:

              1) my sling.com account info is still wrong as listed in my post above.

              2) I got the slingbox working remotely by manually assigning it an IP address via my router. It does not get assigned an IP address via DHCP for some unknown reason but it works when I manually give it one.

               

              Based on the above it is clear that the IP addresses that display on support.slingbox.com are not used by the SlingPlayer software or the web browser version of SlingPlayer.

               

              It bugs me that I cannot update my data on support.slingbox.com because it is very confusing. However I am glad that the slingbox is working reliably again thanks to the work around to the DHCP bug.

               

              Hope this is of use. CS