1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 27, 2013 5:20 PM by AdamJohnson RSS

DISH NETWORK VIP 722K SECOND REMOTE CONTROL

jab84

I HAVE A DISH NETWORK VIP 722K, IN MY SLINGBOX PRO-HD I HAVE ON COMPOSITE THE FIRST VIP 722K TV OUTPUT, AND ON THE COMPONENT INPUT I HAVE THE VIP 722K SECOND TV OUTPUT. THE PROBLE I AM HAVING IS THAT ON MY SECOND TV THE REMOTE CONTROL THAT APPEARS ON THE SLINGPLAYER IS THE NUMBER ONE, SO IT CHANGES THE CHANNELS FROM THE FIRST TV OUTPUT. IS THERE A WAY TO CHANGE THE REMOTE CONTROL SO IT COULD CONTROL THE SECOND TV OUTPUT OF THE VIP 722K? THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

• Re: DISH NETWORK VIP 722K SECOND REMOTE CONTROL
          AdamJohnson Newbie

Hello jab84,

Thank you for reaching out to us on our online Answers forum. I can understand the issue here where you are controlling the wrong input. The problem that is happening is that the input hooked to the Slingbox is actually controlled by a UHF/RF remote control and the input going to the TV is controled with an IR control. The Slingbox only controls the cablebox by using IR signals so you would have to change the remote for the input to the TV to RF and the remote to the Slingbox to IR you would have to contact your cable provider about switching them over.

Regards,
               The Sling Media Moderation Team