1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 30, 2012 11:34 AM by ACC498471 RSS

Network Interface Card Bad?

ACC498471

Slingbox Software Version: 2.1.250

Slingbox SOLO

I have a slingbox solo connected to a cisco gigabit smart switch.  The nic negotiates ok (100/full) (as seen on the switch).  The slingbox MAC address is pulling a static IP address (so when I reset the solo box I know which ip it's getting every time).  I can ping the slingbox as long as there isn't a sling client trying to connect to it (setup or otherwise).

Whenever any sling media player (new active x client or fat client on a MAC or a PC) connects to the slingbox, it disconnects/drops from the network.

I removed the cisco switchport as the point of failure by changing the switchport that the slingbox nic is connected to (still same behavior).  I also moved the slingbox ethernet cable directly to a switchport on my internet router (to eliminate the cisco switch as the issue - even thought the switch currently has several devices connected to it without issue).

I changed out the cable as well (brand new cat5 cable).

So now, I'm getting ready to go on vacation and I'm at the point where I want to say F it and spend 200 bucks just so I don't have to deal with it anymore, but I thought I would give support a try but they are closed at the moment.

LONG STORY SHORT, I'm looking for someone that may know if this is a common issue with the solo (BAD NIC)?  I'm 99 percent sure this isn't an issue on my network.  Nettool (FNET) shows the slingbox NIC stops passing traffic as soon as any slingmedia client connects to it.   Not sure if this is software bug related or a hardware failure.

Jen