4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2012 7:30 PM by tcaradonna RSS

Cannot change the default ip address or port forwarding number on Slingbox itself

infobleep

Hi there

I am trying to access my Slingbox on a port and static network IP address that is different from the default.

Whatever I type in, is not sticking. I've tried this on both a PC and Mac. My static IP address is 192.168.1.70 and the port number is 9999. I have set up all the port forwarding correctly.

I have another system which requires access to port 5001, hence my wish to change it but whatever I do it doesn't work.

Is anyone else having problems?

On a positive note, today I was able to access the Slingbox set up routine on my Mac. First time ever! I don't know if anything was fixed but last year it just didn't work.

When the Slingbox works, it's great. However I find the set up far to problametic

Kind regards

• Re: Cannot change the default ip address or port forwarding number on Slingbox itself
          infobleep

Update: Slingbox plugin for my mac is causing both the Safari and Chrome Web Browsers to stop connecting to the Internet. I know the internet is working because I've been into Terminal and pinged some sites. In fact I can't even access my own network in the web browers.

This is the rubbish that Slingbxo are releasing. Sorry but I'm annoyed because whenever I try to do anything setup wise with the slingbox, it doesn't work. If they don't want it to work, why offer the service? And if they do want it to work, then fix it.

I'm running Lion and not Mountain Lion. Perhaps Slingbox can't afford to fix these problems. I don't know.

I work in IT and I get sick of companies and developers not being bothered to fix their bugs. Sort it out please.

Regards

• Re: Cannot change the default ip address or port forwarding number on Slingbox itself
              infobleep

Hi there

I'm partly an idoit. It was my fault it didn't work but Slingbox's fault that they didn't tell me it wasn't work. Basically I entered in the wrong static IP address. What the Slingbox did was run a test and reset the router. This would cuase the port forwarding to reset to 5001 and the ip address to reset to a standard 192.168.1.254.

Now my router is at 192.1681.1.252 and I was trying to use 192.168.1.71. Had I put in 192.168.1.252 it would have accepted it and finished but because I was putting in 192.168.1,71, it wasn't working and Slingbox was just going round in a cycle, without saying to me, something isn't work. Hence I blamed the Slingbox.

However the Slingbox did genuinely stop both my web browsers from working on my Mac, each one tried separately and each were working when the other wasn't.

Kind regards