1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 27, 2013 4:50 PM by AdamJohnson RSS

Questions before purchasing

daro346

I am considering purchasing a Slingbox Pro-HD.  We have Verion Fios.  The set top box closes to the router is an SD not HD.  Also, the set top box with the DVR recording control is in a different room.  so this leads me to a couple of questions:

1.  If I connect the Slingbox to the SD set top box will the Slingbox only broadcast SD TV signal?  If I upgrade to an HD set top box will it then broadcast HD?

2.  Can the Slingbox set DVR recordings if the set top box does not allow it? or only view dvr recording?  If I wnated this capability would the Slingbox then need to sit on the set top box where dvr recording can be set.  I can watch any DVR recorded program on any set top box

Thanks!

Dave

• Re: Questions before purchasing
          AdamJohnson Newbie

Hello Dave,

Thank you for reaching out to us on our online Answers forum. I understand why you are contacting us with these questions and I would be glad to answer them for you.

The Slingbox will stream what ever quality you put into it up to 1080i. Since you have an SD cable box it will only do SD. If you get an HD cable box it will stream video out in HD.

The Slingbox has full control over you cable box using the IR blaster cables. So if you can normally access your DVR, set recordings, and other settings then you can do them with Slingbox.

Here are some links to check out:

I hope that helps out.

Regards,
               The Sling Media Moderation Team