2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2012 1:10 PM by doctorvox RSS

Warranty / Poor Customer Support & Service

DGRiley570

My Sling box Pro HD with a V-infinity power adapter needed to be replaced under warranty.  It was sent out on July 10, 2012 and dropped on my porch on July 20, 2012.  Unfortunately for me it was stolen off my front porch.  I reported the incident to the Orange Police Department (Case #12070811). I have called Sling box three times only to be told numerous things that I really fell are bad business practices. I expect under this situation a new sling box would be sent. Sling media has the tracking number with UPS and they have the police report. I was told by 3 different employees that all the can do is document the facts and escalate the case.  I was promised a return call within 48 hours which has come and gone.  I was told that they would send out a new unit but they had none in stock.  Later I was told by a different employee they were out of stock last week but not at this time.  I was told that nobody was available that could make a decision to mail me a new unit.  sling media did take my credit card number and told me if I didn't return the faulty unit within 30 days my credit card would be charged.  I won't even have a warranty unit in 30 days.  does this mean my one year warranty will be extended a month or more while I wait for a call from someone which their own employees can't contact... What a bazaar situation.  For heaven sake Sling Media... Send out a new unit and file a claim with UPS.  Case #00590871.  I hope this followed the guidelines of a friendly and informative post that can help other Sling customers.  What's the question?  Do you think Sling Media should send a new box and then file a claim with UPS?

• Re: Warranty / Poor Customer Support & Service
          5955david

Absolutely.

Probably not a question of warranty but rather fulfillment of contract which Sling have failed to do by simply dropping off a parcel on your porch. They owe delivery to either yourself in person or someone in your household / neighbour who would be deemed responsible to receive the delivery on your behalf. Too bad for Sling if on this occasion their courier staff have messed up. Thus, Sling are obliged to a renewed delivery on which you should insist immediately.

Hope your new Slingbox arrives soon!

• Re: Warranty / Poor Customer Support & Service
            doctorvox

It is truly unfortunate that someone stole the Slingbox replacement from your door, but this is not in any way the fault of Sling, no more than if you left your door open and someone stole it from inside your house.

Sling turned the delivery of your warranty replacement in a timely basis to either UPS or Fed Ex, normally completing their responsibility. If your experience with Sling was similar to mine, they forwarded shipment tracking information so that I would know when to expect my package, ensuring someone would be available to accept delivery. They also offered to ship my repair to my office, where it could be securely delivered. Their customer service was timely and courteous.

Your anger is vented towards Sling because your package was stolen by someone in your community, how can you blame Sling for that?  Sling Media may choose to give you a free replacement, and this would be most kind of them if they do, but that would be at their discretion. I do not agree with you that Sling is at fault.