1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 25, 2013 3:51 PM by Lynsey RSS

The audio is skipping

mcrobo

I have a newly installed Slingbox Pro.  I can get video, but the audio does not stream smoothly and continuously.  Instead, it skips.  So one can only hear sentence fragments. I tried all of the video quality settings from "minimal" to "Best" and cannot improve the audio quality.  My internet connection checks out at over 2mbs, so I know my connection is a good high speed internet service.  Any ideas on how to improve audio quality would be much appreciated.

• Re: The audio is skipping
          Lynsey Newbie

Hello mcrobo,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your audio when trying to stream with your Slingbox. There are a few different things that can cause poor audio when streaming your Slingbox. Internet speeds play an important part in your video and audio streaming. I see that you stated you're speeds are over " mbs" but what you want to focus on is the upload speed at the Slingbox location and the download speed at the remote location. At the Slingbox location you want your upload speed to be at least at 2.0 Mbps or higher. When at the remote location you want the download speeds to be at 2.0 Mbps or higher as well. Please see the link below for more information.

I would also like to know if you're getting the choppy video on more than one device? What type of devices are you trying to view from? Is it at the Slingbox location as well as a remote location? How do you have your Slingbox connected to your set top box?

If you're still having this issue, please respond with answers to the above questions or if you have any other questions please feel free to respond to this reply.

Thank You,

Sling Moderation Team