1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 25, 2013 1:53 PM by Lynsey RSS

Home Network Issues

paulisded

This past week, my Solo broke down so I replaced it with the Pro-HD. The setup went smoothly, as I obviously had the network stuff already set. Or so I thought. I've had some weirdness ever since, though. The home network connection is nowhere near as secure as it was with the Solo, ranging from just a few hundred Kbps to 2,100 or so, even when I connect my home computer via ethernet. Generally, my home network speed on the Solo routienly approached 4,000. What's even more strange is that when I access the Pro via my remote work computer, my speed is the same as on my home network (previously, my remote computer's were about half of the home network). Is there something that is incorrectly set on my router?

• Re: Home Network Issues
          Lynsey Newbie

Hi paulisded,

Sorry for the late response. However, with the PRO-HD you're able to connect in (HQ) high quality mode and when you're connected in HQ your speeds will drop a little bit. You will need a higher upload speed at the Slingbox location and a higher download speed at the remote location in order to stream in HQ. When you're streaming in standard quality we suggest that you have a upload and download speed of 1.5-2.0 Mbps and when connecting in HQ we recommend that you have an upload and download speed of 2.5-3.00 Mbps for flawless streaming. Please see the link below for more information.

If you're having an issue with buffering I would suggest connecting in either standard or Auto mode. Auto mode is supposed to adjust the quality of the picture to your Internet speeds. Sometimes you may still have some buffering and if that is the case then connect in standard and see if that resolves your issue.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Sling Media Moderation Team