7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 8:43 PM by aLTeReGo RSS

Slingplayer App on iPhone 4 crashing

GoBucs

I have now installed the latest build of the Slingplayer App on my iPhone 4. Now as soon as I choose a channel, it says starting, and after a minute it just crashes and I'm back at my homescreen. 3G or WiFi, both the same.

I have reinstalled the app about 10 times now, restarted my iPhone, no luck. Anyone else having this issue?

I paid money for this app and it doesn't work. 

Would anyone from Sling like to answer to this?

Normally the app costs 30 dollars and you get an app that's pretty much useless.

Any help is appreciated.

• Re: Slingplayer App on iPhone 4 crashing
          NewlyPissed

I second that motion, I paid the 30 dollars and have an app that is useless.

barbaraharwood Newbie

Hi GoBucs,

Thank-you for contacting Slingbox Forum.  I am sorry you are having problems with that App.  Sometimes the Slingbox and the App need to be  introduced to each other. This would be done in the following steps:

• First, we recommend that you redo the setup at setup.slingbox.com.
            • Try the App again.
            • If it still crashes then uninstall and reinstall the App on the iPhone.
            • Try App again.

Hope this helps with your issue!

Have a great day!

Sling Moderation Team

jimruth

My iPhone 4s is having the same problem.  I have reinstalled several times but the app crashes after one to five minutes.  I bought this to have TV on a trip so am not near my slingbox at home to try a reset.  I am currently watching my home slingbox on my laptop with not problem.  Shoud have saved the $30 on the app since it useless.

barbaraharwood Newbie

Hi GoBucs and Friends,

Thank you for contacting Slingbox Forum.  I am sorry the reinstalling the App did not solve the problem.

At this point, I would advise you to contact iTunes or Apple to see if there is anything they are aware of that may be causing the crashing App.

Have a great day!

Sling Moderation Team

aLTeReGo

I'm seeing the exact same behavior after upgrading to SlingPlayer v3.2.3 whenever I try connecting to my Pro HD box. I launch the app, it tries to connect and then just crashes. Wose yet is the Slingbox thinks someone is connected forever until I connect using my desktop and kick the session. This has never happened to me with previous versions of the SlingPlayer IOS app.

Like others I've tried the steps outlined here, but none of those seem to work. I've rebooted and reset my phone but that doesn't seem to help. Clearly there's something wrong with the v3.2.3 version of this app and an update is needed desperatly.

schindt Newbie

Sling has no appropriate beta testing - this is done by the customer! Would recommend to make a copy of the Slingplayer .ipa file on your local iTunes in order to re-install the old version in case of any issues.

Seems that any update released by Sling has more bugs than it's previous version, no matter if it's software or hardware.