4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2012 8:49 AM by Paul-Pott RSS

How do I get a refund on android app?

whiteswan123

Hi

I downloaded Android app for tablets on marketplace and it was incompatible with my echostar 600 slingbox.

I went back into market/play store to try and click on refund but no option was there.

I contacted sling support who said I needed to download the mobile phone sling app to the Galaxy Tab and this would work - which it did.

So how do I get a refund on the £9.99 I paid for the tablet app?

Dave

• Re: How do I get a refund on android app?
          shawna1978 Newbie

Hi whiteswan123,

Great question! You will have to contact the Google Market in regards to a refund for the application.

Hope this helps,

Sling Moderation Team

Gmail7

exactly what I did  - BE A GOOD IDEA TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE ARE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE THEY SPEND MONEY DOWNLOADING APPS AND WASTING ENDLESS TIME TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY IT DOSEN'T WORK  = TOTALLY ****** OFF HOURS OF TIME WASTED THROUGH NO FAULT OF MY OWN

REPORTED THIS NOW TO GOOGLE

ivwonka

So we have 15 minutes to get a refund from the Google Play Store?  It takes way more time than that to make sure that my Slingbox PRO was hooked up correctly and to check requirements on this website.  This slingbox is compatible with the android phone app so I just bought it for my tablet.  It takes way more than 15 minutes to figure out that the the Android tablet app requires a different Slingbox.  This is very complicated.  I don't even want a refund.  Can I just have a trade for the phone app that is at least compatible with my device?  I just bought the app today and am a little disappointed to say the least to know that the sale is already final.  I feel taken.

Paul-Pott

Hello!

I did exactly same. I downloaded Slingplayer for Android tablets to my new Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Got an error message saying it was not compatible.

Tried to get a refund but found no option. At least within 15 minutes ;-)

So I am stucked with Slingplayer for mobiles that works ok as always. But my $19.99 goes to product development?

// Matts