4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2012 3:01 PM by boston99 RSS

General Question

boston99

Hey so I'm going off to college and won't have cable, so I'm looking into slingbox. From what I understand, I hook something up to my house tv and then something up to the tv at my college, correct? But what happens if someone from my house is watching the tv that I hooked the box up to, am I unable to watch a different channel or any channel on my college tv via slingbox?

Thanks!

• Re: General Question
          Matt.Sling Apprentice

Hello boston99!

We have a Frequently Asked Questions page that should help you out. You'll find answers to questions like:

• What do I need to get started?
        • What are the minimum system requirements to operate my Slingbox?
        • What happens if I am using the Slingbox and someone at home is watching TV at the same time?   
        •  

Thanks!

- Matt

• Re: General Question
              boston99

I had read that before and it doesn't make too much sense to me

"In most situations, both of you are watching and controlling the same device. However, the Slingbox PRO-HD includes an internal tuner, so for standard cable (coaxial) inputs, you can set up your Slingbox to watch your TV, DVR, or other A/V source while the remote user watches standard cable (or vice versa). Also, many customers connect the Slingbox to a secondary TV source in another room to avoid remote conflicts."

So on our one tv with hundereds of channels (cable with a cable box to get all the random extra channels) if I want to watch something from my dorm room (eg a game) while someone else at my family is watching some show, would it be possible with the slingbox PRO-HD to do this? I don't really understand the FAQ answer. Thanks.