7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2012 4:09 PM by tcaradonna RSS

Price too high

tcaradonna Novice

I want to post this to a public forum because there are 2 questions that just burn in my mind about this product.

Why does this cost $30?

By far, one of the most expensive apps on itunes.  I don't mind buying software, but come on, it's gotta be lower.  There are probably only about 20min out of any day that I would spend looking at a mobile device for serious tv watching.  $30 just isn't worth it, when I can step over to a computer watch it there for free.  Its even on facebook for nothing.  Why is that?

Why is it a per device fee?

You can only use one stream at a time, right?  That just seems plain unfair.  I can buy multiple apps on other devices, but I also could use them all at the same time if I wanted to.  Slingbox has only 1 active stream, which is fine, but don't charge for every device that could potentially see it.

• Re: Price too high
          tcaradonna Novice

I see the price dropped to 14.99 today...impressive responsiveness.  Thank you.

Now how about that second point.  Each device requiring its own installation.  Comments?

DrNgo

I agree with you on this point.  You should only need to purchase the app once and it should be available on all your devices.  I have iPhone and iPad.  I would rather not have to pay twice to get it on both devices.  If I had know this, I might not have purchased the Slingbox.

tcaradonna Novice

Not to worry.  Yeah it's bad advertising, but I'm sure it will "go on sale" again.  It's not like they had an "excess stock" they wanted to get rid of.  It's software and pricing doesn't work like that.

They finally realized that nodody was buying it, there's no other reason that they would lower the price.  I predict we will see the "sale" again, which is exactly why I didn't purchase it now.  Perhaps even lower after they analyze the data from this recent trial.

rgilbert265

You might be right.  It was not worth $30 to me, but now I own it.  Will that get me the $15 I lost when I bought it at $30?  Doubt it will.  Just think that the Twitter feed showing $15 should be removed so nobody else is deceived.  My own fault for not reading more closely.

tcaradonna Novice

I'm sorry to hear that.  I think you should complain directly to Slingbox.  They should offer you a refund at minimum.  Please post their response here if you can.  That really isn't right.  I don't think they are out to purposely screw people, so they will probably fix it.  They are monitoring these forums too so they should be aware of the issue.

Dxh240

i agree with the earlier responses. the price is too high and, even for the discounted $15 price, the price should cover multiple devices.  i think slingbox is an excellent piece of hardware and rarely encounter any problems with it but the pricing needs to be reworked.  just my 2 cents.  thanks.