12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2012 11:30 PM by Martin28 RSS

I cannot connect to my Slingbox SOLO

adsifrit1

The Slingbox SOLO is set up completely. I had to use another computer in order to set it up, but my computer still will not connect to it.

I think that it is a firewall problem within my computer, but I have tried everything to disable all firewalls.

I also am wondering if I need to download the Slingbox Player. I had to download something on the other computer, which allowed it to connect to the Slingbox.

Does anyone know what the download for Slingmedia is? Or is there a stand-alone player I can download? My computer programs do not show Slingbox anywhere.

I am using a Windows 7 Acer laptop, and Internet Explorer browser.

Thank you for the help!

• Re: I cannot connect to my Slingbox SOLO
          callanish Apprentice

Download the desktop setup for windows here which will allow you to try an alternative way to setup and watch your slingbox

http://support.slingbox.com/go/windows-download-desktop-us

It's not updated anymore, but it might get around your firewall problem.

Redsheep

I am currently having the same connection problems. The slingbox has worked good for months but 2 days ago I couldnt connect. Dont know why but the error code is for a connection/possible firewall issue. Nothing I have tried has worked to restore the slingbox

blevinskm

I am in the same boat!!

Works fine and now NOTHING!  Won't connect.  Lights are on and everything is working at home.  Contacted supporton chat and she said I could pay for help. 

barrainrio

Us as well 2 days ago and nothing. I do have good connection all other devices working on my network. I do have both lights on the right hand side and I did a full reset of the box router etc. when I accessed the support page it says the Slingbox solo was accessed today after my reset. neither computer or SlingPlayer mobile will connect.

Slingbox InfoSlingbox Software Version: 2.1.121

Set Up Complete: Yes

Slingbox Port: 5001

Activation Date: 10-04-2008

Date Last Accessed: 09-16-2012

MarciNadine

We are suffering the same problem and were told we could pay.  Did you ever get this straightened out?  We have a solo that is out of warranty and cannot use the desk top version anymore (the reason for the "page not available).  Chat support was not any help.  Just wondering if you got an answer?

barrainrio

We did finally get it figured out but it has been a couple of months and I don't recall exactly what we did.  I seem to recall we searched the online help and found some instructions on updating the software for the box.  

At any rate, I do recall that I ran across info that said they would no longer be supporting the desktop version of Slingbox so you may want to establish your online signin if you have not already done so.

shaysfn Novice

Hey MarciNadine,

Thanks for using our Answers Forum.  I understand that you are having trouble connecting to your Slingbox SOLO thru your desktop Slingplayer on you computer.

We are no longer updating the Desktop Slingplayer.  We now recommend that our customers go to Slingbox.com and click on Watch.  We are recommending this because we have determined that this is the best way to provide the best possible viewing experience for our customers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sling Moderation Team 

devioust

hi same here no network light and reset does not work am wondering if its the adaptor needs changing any ideas ?

blevinskm

Sorry! Not a clue! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone

shaysfn Novice

Hey devioust,

Thanks for using our Answers Forum.  I understand that you have no network light on on your Slingbox at this time.  I would recommend calling in to customer support.  If you are out of warranty, you will have to pay for a PPI (Pay per incident) the fee for which is $29.99.

If it is determined to be a hardware or power supply issue, there is the possibility that your fee will be refunded.

The link above provides information on how to reach customer support anywhere in the world.  In the US you would simply call 877-GoSling (877-467-5464).  Their hours of operation are 10am to 10pm 7 days a week.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sling Moderation Team

Martin28

At first I had a problem with my slingbox (Legacy Solo) was having a network problem after it was working two days ago.  The solution for me was replacing the network cable. Yeah, I know it sounds a little crazy.  The problem that I am having now is I am not able to connect with my Google Nexus 7 tablet with the (Legacy Solo) slingbox.  I did confirm that the slingbox is working via my PC.  Can you confirm if the Google Nexus 7 and the old slingbox are compatible with each other?

Thanks