4 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2010 12:22 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Need IR codes for new Cisco/Comcast RNG200 control

floridave

I find a very good looking skin as a Comcast RNG200, but the control codes must be wrong. Need to go to Comcast/other/code 11 to get some control on the generic skin.  Is there a good control/skin for this controller?

• Re: Need IR codes for new Cisco/Comcast RNG200 control
          alanrichey42 Master

You won't get another 'skin' for this box as Sling control all that.  So if the official remote does not work properly (and in Sling's defence, this box is well known to be very 'flaky' in IR control) you will have to use the generic remote.

In the Sling Community the generally accepted method was actually Code 4 rather than the Code 11 you tried.

Alternatively, there is a Custom Remote that might work.  It's at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8381

Cheers

Al

floridave

Thanks for the reply and the additional info. I tried the custom control you provided, and it was about the same as the Custom Code 11. The code 4 did not work. The skin given for Cisco/Comcast RNG200 is really graphically accurate, but does absolutely nothing on this box. I am surprised that they have made no effort to model this control as it is the common one for their big digital push to go with the cable net and phone. There must be a way to capture the codes off a new device, otherwise it is a big project to guess all the keys. There must be different versions of the RNG200, as I seem to remember that the official one worked with the original DVR - which toasted itself, and I got a brand new one. The cases were definitely different on these two - both called RNG200.

Where is a contact at Sling Media to request a good version of the control? It is a shame to waste the great graphics of the official version.

alanrichey42 Master

floridave wrote:

Where is a contact at Sling Media to request a good version of the control? It is a shame to waste the great graphics of the official version.

I wish I knew.  I have been firing questions and comments about Custom Remotes to Sling for months now through every avenue I can find.  But it's like banging my head against a brick wall.  I haven't had a single reply to anything I have submitted.   Quite depressing really.  I am willing to help them but they just don't seem interested in improving the system.

alanrichey42 Master

Forgot to mention that you should check out http://betaremotes.slingbox.com/   Based on comments I have seen it is a bit hit & miss, and you can't use it if you have Classic, but it might be your best bet, particularly as this device seems to be a bit unpredictable with it's codes so learning it from your original remote is a good idea.