6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2012 10:28 PM by prophecy623 RSS

my slingplayer freezes

jwillink

my slingplayer freezes often needs to be restarted  on 2g 4g and wifi. using android droid razr maxx. also happened with Droid bionic. good reception on laptop or desktop from same slingdox. help

• Re: my slingplayer freezes
          Apprentice

Hello jwillink,

I can definitely understand why you have contacted us in regards to the Slingplayer freezing and I'd be more than happy to provide assistance with resolving this issue. The following are some links that will provide key troubleshooting steps, as well as some information to help resolve the issue that is occurring: SlingPlayer for Android: Fixing sudden connection issues , How to optimize Wi-Fi streaming performance in SlingPlayer.

Hope these Help! Have an excellent day!

Best Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

jwillink

tried your fix to no avail.

description of problem

slingbox works fine on computer.

I can connect with the Droid Razr Maxx and it will play fine for one to four minutes and then freeze. Then it says connection has been lost even if I am sitting right next to the wifi router or am stationary and on 3G or 4G. I am connected to the internet and can restart the slingplayer and it starts and then freezes.

If I use the Razr Maxx as a hotspot and connect my computer to the hot spot the slingplayer works fine on the computer.

Please help

jwillink

Why hasn't a solution been found. My slingplayer freezes on 3G or 4G. It happens at iregular  interval up to about4 minutes. It is working OK connected to wifi. It is not a problem with connection because using my droid razr maxx as a hotspot and connecting it to a computer with a slinplayer there is no freezing issue. It is a problem with the android sling player dropping the connection on the motorola phone. It worked OK on the EVO when I had Sprint. Please help I will cooperate in any way to help solve problem.convinced it is a software issue with the player

intimigator

I am having the same problem but am going through my NetGear router. 3 to 4 minutes and it freezes. This is a real hassle. Does anyone have a solution to this? Please!

intimigator

Also, this began a year and 1/2 ago and finally just gave up using it. I thought that it was a connection issue but we run on 30 meg internet connection. I also thought that being away from my home might be a problem but that isn't the case because I am home now and the same situation exists. What concerns me is that I am moving to the Indian Ocean and really, really want to use my Slingbox badly down there! Help!!