5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2012 8:08 AM by joemamma10 RSS

Pro-HD Starts then turns off

joemamma10

My watch my Pro-HD on my phone on my way to work.  Once I get to work, it turn my phone off and start it on my laptop.  The last few days, it plays on my laptop for a few minutes and then the screen goes  blank and there is no sound.  My wife says all the lights are on on the box at home.  Also, when I change channels on the remote, it changes the channels at home on the TV, but I can't see or hear anything on my laptop.  Also, when I close Slingbox, start it up on my phone again, it works fine.  Shut my phone down and start it back up on my laptop, it turns on again, but again only plays for about a minute.  Help please...

-B

• Re: Pro-HD Starts then turns off
          shaysfn Novice

Hi joemamma10,

I understand that your having trouble watching your Slingbox PRO-HD on your laptop.   It doesn't sound like there is an issue with your Slingbox since you can watch it on your phone.

My question to you would be, are you using Slingbox.com and Watch on your laptop or the desktop Slingplayer?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team

joemamma10

Yes, I am using slingbox.com and watch.  I have been doing this for months and all of the sudden it is now not working.  It seems as though it is working, but there is a blank (black) screen and no sound.  I close my browser, turn it on my phone, it works. Turn my phone off, turn on my browser on my laptop and it works again, but only for a minute or so.  If I close my browser and open it again, it still doesn't work.  I have to turn it back on my phone, then turn my phone off and open it on my laptop before it works on my laptop, but like I said, for only a minute or so.

shaysfn Novice

Hi joemamma10,

Thanks for the information.  I just need to get a little more information from you so that we can get this issue taken care of and you can go back to being able to watch your Slingbox on your laptop.  The information I need is:  Who is your internet provider?  What is your connection type, cable, dsl, fiber, etc?  Who is your router manufacturer and what type of router do you have?  Where is your Slingbox located, what country or city, state?

Also, one last thing, could you go to Speedtest.net from the Slingbox location as well as your remote location and let me know what the resuts of that are.

I do appreciate this information.  Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Sling Moderation Team