3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2012 9:15 PM by GHardesty RSS

Slingbox PRO-HD died

liebner55

So after messing with the slingbox for almost a month to get it working, (which I started in April 2012 and finally got it working in May 2012) my slingbox seems to have died.  I can't turn it on, I unplug it all the lights turn on for about 30 seconds and then it turns off again.  I unplugged everything, I have reconnected it again and again.  I left it unplugged all night, I hit the reset button, I don't know what to do, but I can't get it to turn on no matter what I do. I can't seem to get a hold any one at sling box.... can anyone help me??? Has anyone had this problem?  What do I do?

• Re: Slingbox PRO-HD died
          beckifields Novice

Hello liebner55,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the land of the forums. We do apologize that you have been having issues with your Slingbox.

We are happy to help.

US and Canada customers, call 1.877.GO.SLING. For other countries, you can find the correct contact info here.

Be sure to note the manufacturer of the Slingbox AC power supply (the wall adapter) when you contact our support agents - it will say either "Ktec" or "V-INFINITY". Having that information in advance will help us serve you better.

Thank You,

The Slingbox Moderation Team.

GHardesty

I have had my Slingbox PRO-HD for quite a while with only minor setup hassles initially, and then again with each firmware update that has been applied.  About 36 hours ago (early on July 01, 2012), my Slingbox PRO-HD has also become unresponsive like other units owned by many other folks.  The power supply is fine.  Dozens of attempts to perform hard resets with and without power cycles have not brought my Slingbox PRO-HD out of 'brick mode'.

Hopefully, the Slingbox Mediation Team will contact me and offer a free replacement for my unit that seems to have fallen victim to the same automated firmware upgrade fate as so many others.

GHardesty

UPDATE: In the course of writing a former post regarding a failed automatic firmware update that had lingered for over 36 hours, the Slingbox PRO-HD  revived itself.  Apparently, after dozens of reboots and attempts at hard resets and having logged into my Slingbox account from within the same network as my Slingbox PRO-HD (this is probably the key), my Slingbox PRO-HD was able to self-recover.

The Slingbox Mediation Team does not need to provide a replacement unit, after all.  However, please do strongly consider replacing the Software Team members responsible for this irresponsible waste of your customers' time.