3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2012 6:26 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

DTA100 and a DCX3400 respond to the same IR signal...

ripper007

So I had my slingbox at my folks house with their old HDDVR box and a DTA100 and everything was great. I had two different sources being slung over the net. Then the Slingbox crapped out and then the HDDVR later crapped out and was upgraded to the new comcast box. I just got around to buying a new slingbox and have it exactly in the same setup as the old one. The problem is that when i control the DTA100 through the aux cable in on the slingbox via IR on top of the DTA100 the IR signal also goes out and performs the same action on the DCX3400 HDDVR that lies just a few shelves down with another leg of the slingbox IR blaster. Whatever signal the DTA100 remote I have on slingbox uses is the same frequency as the one the DCX3400 uses. so the one signal goes out via my sling player, (let's say to change channel +) and both the DTA100 and the DCX3400 respond to the signal going out over each of their independent IR blasters on each and chance the channel +...

a quick search on the net of both models and i found a quote saying:

"THE DTA100 uses the same XMP protocol as a number of other cable boxes, including the Pace DC50X, Cisco RNG100/110/200, and the DCX3400.

www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-prontong/thread.cgi has all of the button codes in Prontio Hex format."

I'm wondering if I have any options...

Any ideas aside from downgrading the HDDVR box to the old one? You guys are much smarter than I...