10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2012 5:24 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Can't change channel

butlergolf

I just installed Slingplayer on my Galaxy Tab 10.1. Works great, but I can't change channels! Great picture, can see the guide, tap on a chanell, but it never changes, I'm stuck on ESPN!  Help!

• Re: Can't change channel
          shaysfn Novice

Hi butlergolf:

I understand that you are stuck on ESPN and can't change your channels with your remote on your tablet.  I do have a couple of articles that should answer any questions that you have, and will include some great troubleshooting steps.  One is IR Blaster or Onscreen remote control troubleshooting basics .  The second article would be Advanced IR Blaster or Onscreen remote control troubleshooting.

Hope these help.

Thanks

Sling Moderation Team

butlergolf

Sorry, that does not get to my problem. What I am trying to do is watch TV on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 while away from home. While watching remotly like this, I can get a great picture, see the guide, see the onscreen remote control, tap any and every item, but the chanel never changes. I am stuck on ESPN. Again, I am trying to watch TV remotly, away from home, on my Galaxy Tab 10.1, I am not watching at home or trying to use my Galaxy Tab as a remote. Hope this clarifies further...

shaysfn Novice

Hi butlergolf:

I do apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to change the channels on your tablet.  The reason I sent you these articles is because it sounds like your IR blasters are not lined up correctly with your AV device, and that would be why you cannot change the channel.

Are you in the same location as your Slingbox right now?

Thank you.

Sling Moderation Team.

kofekat

I'm having the same problem with my Samsung galaxy tab II . My remote control works great on my laptop.

I downloaded the software on my tablet and the remote control does not work at all. Really dissapointed as the picture and sound are great.

Luckly I tested it right away and was able to return the app to the app store.

If I can get some info on fixing the issue I'll reinstall.

I'm running ics on my tablet.