4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2012 6:19 PM by lolcatz RSS

Why is there no forum for the WD Live TV device??

pennste Newbie

Maybe because it doesn't work any better than the Revue? 

• Re: Why is there no forum for the WD Live TV device??
          callanish Apprentice

Go to the connected devices forum and you'll see a listing for the wd live tv. Noone's posted on it yet though. I've got a question for you from a Revue owner with his own sling viewing problems.........what issues are wd live owners experiencing with their slingbox?

......ah, never mind. Saw your other post on the right hand side with a breakdown of what's wrong. So much for me thinking it couldn't be as bad as the revue.

pennste Newbie

Its really amazing that they release these products and they just don't work with streaming from remote Slingbox connected receivers (in my case Directv). I have old and new slingboxes, Hava and Vulkano units. I have high speed internet connections in both of my locations. And the Revue and now the WD Live TV really suck from a useability standpoint. I keep looking for something better than what I've had for a year or so and they just can't bring one to market. 

callanish Apprentice

I'm babying my slingcatcher to no end, just to extend the life of it because there's nothing that works as consistent for viewing a slingbox on the big screen tv and yet it was never around long enough to evolve into something great. Something's missing isn't there with these half baked connected devices that just don't work and leave us disappointed. I was going to jump to the boxee to get something working with the slingbox on a bedroom tv ( the revue was supposed to solve that), but then I read about the issues users were having with that, and then actually saw someone post something positive about the wd live's streaming performance and was optimistic that it would be more stable.....fat chance. So, now I guess we just twiddle our thumbs waiting for bug fixes on all the platforms and hope sling doesn't abandon them midstream. They sure don't make things easy for slingbox owners that just want a convenient way to watch their content on more than just a mobile device.

lolcatz Newbie

Seems like the forum for the WD live palyer actually exists... but it's not open to new threads. At least i cannot open a new one.

Well, hopefully someone from slingmedia gives a look to this thread https://community.sling.com/message/69668#69668