4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2017 12:57 PM by houdini1 RSS

cable box not listed

houdini1

my samsung smt c5320 is not listed.  What do I do next?  It is a five year old slingbox...

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

• Re: cable box not listed
          SlingSupportCynthia Newbie

Hello Mike,

I do apologize that you have not been able to find your model on the list. When going through the re-configuration for your remote, try using the search option instead of the drop down list. Then search for SMT-C5320, and you will find your model under Cablevision. Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Cynthia

Sling Media Moderation Team

houdini1

I entered the model number- the slingbox would not allow me this choice. I tried setting it up using the closest samsung choice which is smt-c500, but this did not work.  Does it maatter if I chose cablevision digital or cablevision cable for my provider? I have optimum tv and internet. The slingbox did bring up the correct channel lineup with my input.

Thanks,

Ann

SlingSupportCynthia Newbie

Hello Ann,

The cable provider is used to provide you with a guide that has your channel lineup within the app, so please select your cable provider. After selecting the cable provider, it should have then prompted you to use the search option or the pick from a list for your cable box model. However, if you pick from a list you would choose it like this: Cable TV Box, Cablevision, SMT-C5320. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Cynthia

Sling Media Technical Support