3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2017 6:32 PM by SlingSupportCynthia RSS

My slingbox 350 stays in the optimizing mode and does not stream. I get 2 bars and thats it.

ACC6269613

My slingbox 350 stays in the optimizing mode and does not stream. I get 2 bars and thats it.

• Re: My slingbox 350 stays in the optimizing mode and does not stream. I get 2 bars and thats it.
          SlingSupportMagdalena Moderators

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are not able to stream due to your Slingbox 350 staying in optimizing mode. This issue has to do with your internet connection. Please answer the questions below:

• Do viewing issues occur when using your carrier's cellular network, or also over a Wi-Fi connection?
          • Does the issue occur when viewing specific channels or is it across all channels?
          • Are you in a static location, or are you moving around? If you're having problems streaming with a cellular connection, does the problem occur when you're in one location or when you are moving, such as riding in a car or train? If you're having problems streaming with a Wi-Fi connection, it's best to get as close as possible to the Wi-Fi antenna ... especially if it's on the other side of a wall.

Once you have answered the questions above, you can try the steps below:

• Make sure that your network meets the minimum bandwidth requirements for your device. You can check the bandwidth using a third-party network speed app.
          • Try a different input (if possible) to compare the viewing performance between two types of video sources.

Please keep in mind that video performance can be affected by too many applications running in the background on the mobile device, if it's supported. Too many open application processes can slow the handset down and affect the performance of SlingPlayer. If your phone's data connection or capacity is poor, none of these changes will likely have much of an impact. Below are some helpful links:

• Re: My slingbox 350 stays in the optimizing mode and does not stream. I get 2 bars and thats it.
              ACC6269613

Thank you for the reply.I am not mobile. I am using a powerful laptop on a German cable internet connection. I can stream everything else from Netflix to.... This started about a month ago and continues. I have tried all channels and at all different times.  6am, 4am, 10am, 2pm etc. with nothing running in the back ground. I have tried the Optimizing the video stream automatically fix and it did not help. It continues to state optimizing, 3 bars, the bitrate is around 1800 kps and the screen jumps, freezes and the audio is garbled and incomplete sentences.

The Sling350 is located in Orlando, FL and is connected to ATT Universe. Prior to this connection it was connected to Spectrum in Orlando for 2 years and I never had a problem.

Any suggestions or comments?

To: ACC6269613 <moselmark@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:43 PM

Subject: Re:  - My slingbox 350 stays in the optimizing mode and does not stream. I get 2 bars and thats it.

reply from SlingSupportMagdalena in Watching while at home - View the full discussionHello,  I'm sorry to hear that you are not able to stream due to your Slingbox 350 staying in optimizing mode. This issue has to do with your internet connection. Please answer the questions below:   

- Do viewing issues occur when using your carrier's cellular network, or also over a Wi-Fi connection?

- Does the issue occur when viewing specific channels or is it across all channels?

- Are you in a static location, or are you moving around? If you're having problems streaming with a cellular connection, does the problem occur when you're in one location or when you are moving, such as riding in a car or train? If you're having problems streaming with a Wi-Fi connection, it's best to get as close as possible to the Wi-Fi antenna ... especially if it's on the other side of a wall.

Once you have answered the questions above, you can try the steps below:   

- Make sure that your network meets the minimum bandwidth requirements for your device. You can check the bandwidth using a third-party network speed app.

- Try a different input (if possible) to compare the viewing performance between two types of video sources.

Please keep in mind that video performance can be affected by too many applications running in the background on the mobile device, if it's supported. Too many open application processes can slow the handset down and affect the performance of SlingPlayer. If your phone's data connection or capacity is poor, none of these changes will likely have much of an impact. Below are some helpful links:

- Optimizing the video stream automatically

- How to optimize streaming performance in SlingPlayer for mobile devices

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Watching while at home by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following My slingbox 350 stays in the optimizing mode and does not stream. I get 2 bars and thats it. in these streams: Inbox

Virus-free. www.avast.com