7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2012 3:06 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Integrated sat receiver

luds01

Hi,

I have a Solo, and I have just bought a new Loewe Xenos tv, where the sat decoder card is built into the tv, ie no decoder box, so nowhere to place the IR sensors.  How do I connect the Solo to the tv?

rgds

Johan

• Re: Integrated sat receiver
          daugustus5150 Newbie

Hello luds01,

That does sound like a bit of a conundrum. Let me ask you this, does your TV have a remote, and if so, do you know if it is an Infrared signal or UAH signal remote?

Awaiting your response,

The Slingbox Moderation Team

daugustus5150 Newbie

Hi again Luds01,

If the remote controls the satellite as well, you would want to contact your satellite provider to see if it is an IR signal or a UAH signal. A little tip I've found helps is if you can put a book in front of the remote and still change the channel, it is most likely a UAH remote.

Hope this helps,

The Slingbox Moderation Team

luds01

Hi again,

The remote, which operates both tv and sat signals, works without pointing it at the sensor (and when placing for example a book between the remote and the tv sensor) so presumably it is not IR.  My problem though is that without a separate sat box, there is nothing to place the sling sensors towards, ie i cannot change channels etc over the computer.

brgds,

johan