18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2014 12:20 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

WOW Ultra?

nicholls11

Has anyone connected a SB Pro to WOW Ultra

• Re: WOW Ultra?
          Lynsey Newbie

Hi nicholls11,

Thank you for utilizing our answers forum here! I understand that you are looking for a remote that is not currently in our system. The best place to go for this would be right within our forum here, in our Enhancement Requests and Product Feedback section. We currently have a team working on adding remotes to our database and this is the place where they get their information from. Furthermore, you can always check in our What's New section to see the most up to date list of remotes, as well as any other Slingbox news.

Here are the link I described above:

Hope this helps!

Regards,
          The Sling Moderation Team

alanrichey42 Master

That procedure might take a couple of months to work through the system.  I might be able to make you a Custom Remote but I need a model number as 'Ultra' doesn't appear in the IR database I use.

nicholls11
                  alanrichey42 Master

Found both those, and they both use the same codes as this Remote  Moxi HD PVR

Any good ?

jbshocks

I have the same thing and the shaw remote is close but the skip and replay don't work. 

dstrbd101

i tried doing the steps in the read me but cant, is this good for slingbox solo?

alanrichey42 Master

Well, I am none the wiser    Which remote ?  Which set of instructions ?  What EXACTLY went wrong ?

And the Slingbox type is irrelevant as far as the BIN file is concerned.

dstrbd101

I tried to install the bin file from your pvr remote from this feed, but wasn't able to install the bin file. I tried all 3 remotes from the Arris drop down on from slingbox website, my gateway is an Arris MG5225G/NA-8, and the media player is a MP2000NA, I have WOW cable and when I try the remote for the MP2000NA that's already on the slingbox website, the remote says "Shaw" on it where mine says WOW on it, but doesn't work...

alanrichey42 Master

OK, a few things you need to understand.  Forget the remote image, that is not relevant to the functionality of the remote.  You can attach any image to any BIN file.   And forget WOW, the cable provider is also irrelevant, the important part id the device  itself.   You don't say it specifically but I am guessing your device is an Arris MP2000NA  ?

If so, before I spend time building a one-off remote, try the one I have suggested in this thread:

Arris MP2150A Remote Control

dstrbd101

I did mention o had a mp2000na, and after several hours and realizing "I" was getting the bin file loaded to the sling box, corrected the path name and bam! Bin loaded and remote is working beautifully, alanrichey42 you are the man. Thank you. This whole ordeal was horrible, everything qas working perfectly for almost 2 years. I moved and changed service providers and spent the night (slingbox support was closed) trying to locate the gateway on my network. After work called cust spprt and they advised me to reset the device, but couldnt assist me any further or i eould need to pay $30, did that, found device, couldn't log on. Called back new rep said when you reset, the password is reset to admin but again couldn't help any further. Then got error: audio driver not installed, called again said couldn't help me, spoke with a supervisor, assisted me got passed the audio issue. . Then the remote issue, then couldn't get past the internet test, kept getting stuck there having to back up and restart finally get passed that and fixed the remote! Pure, hope I never have to go that again.