6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2012 4:27 AM by sojac RSS

No video detected

avinlfc

I have set everything up like i am supposed to. I have connected the blue, green and red cables from my slingbox input to my DVR box output. When i go to the setup the Audio works; however, it says No Video Detected.

I have read the support article and done what it has said which is basically make sure the cables are connected correctly but i still cannot get the video detected.

Can anyone help or offer suggestions?

• Re: No video detected
          mw70

I too had this problem.   There was initially no video with the higher hd chanells until the problem soon progressed to no video on any channels.

The sling phone support had me connect a computer to the hd pro with a lan cord and run the setup again.    It was ok after that.  The guy also was authorized by me to remotely look at my systyem setup and dont know if anything was changed by him too.   I've had to do this on two occasions already with this box  and suspect there might be more times in the future.   Its good to learn this step.

mw

[On Edit] = Made a mistake - The direct ethernet cable connection was made between my wireless laptop and the router and the setup run that way one time.     Here is the post...  It shouldn't cause any harm to try that before calling them.

https://community.sling.com/thread/17842

Message was edited by: mw70

alanrichey42 Master

Do you have an HDMI cable connecting your DVR and the TV ?  If so try removing it and see if the component video appears on the Slingbox.

Tigger16

This is the problem I have with my setup. I disconnected the HDMI cable and video appeared on my slingbox. Can someone please explain why this might be happening? Is there a work around for this setup? The HDMI cable is the only input to my projector from my cable box. Thank you.

alanrichey42 Master

It's called HDCP. (look it up in Wikepedia). Basically your TV provider does not want you to record (or place shift) HD content.  So if you use the HDMI cable at all they will disable the component video.  Nothing to do with Sling, it's all down to provider.

Tigger16

I tried the config prior to removing the HDMI cable using S-Video and was not able to get any video with that config either. Perhaps the provider disables other outputs as well but the strange thing is it worked up until earlier this week with the HDMI cable direct to my projector and the other outputs to the slingbox. Thanks for the feedback.

sojac Newbie

It was expalained in details in this thread: https://community.sling.com/message/73971#73971

When your projector is switched on it is detected by your cable box  as a device, which supports HDCP. When the projector is switched off its HDCP  module is also switched off and your cable box recognizes then your projector  as a non-HDCP compliant device. In the result your cable box blocks  the video signal on all its outputs (HDMI, component, etc.). It is why  your slingbox does not see any signal, when the projector is switched off.

The problem does not exist if your projector is connected to the cable box via iHDMI cable. You can find such cables at iHDMI.eu.