1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 2:09 PM by beckifields RSS

No Connection to Slingbox Pro-HD from China

tjd6624

I am currently traveling in China and trying to connect to my Slingbox Pro-HD.  I know it is working, called my wife and had her connect with her laptop at home.  I have been using my Slingbox from here for the past year with no issues connecting.  I am staying at the same hotel I have always stayed but cannot connect to the Slingbox. When I click on the "Watch" tab, I get the initializing screen, the "connecting to your Slingbox" message, then it returns with "Error trying to connect.  Try again?"  I have searched the directory and it found my slingbox so why am I having this issue?

• Re: No Connection to Slingbox Pro-HD from China
          beckifields Novice

Hello tjd6624,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the land of the forums.

You mentioned that nothing has changed in your set up or viewing practices, however, the Slingbox is not connecting to the Internet?  It could be very possible that something has happened on the home-front.  You said that your wife checked it out, but we suggest you actually have her try it outside of the Home Network. For instance, have her go to a friend or family members house and log into the account and try to watch TV.  If it is still not working, then it is very possible that the Slingbox may need to be reconfigured again.

Here are some great links that will help with this issue.

How to use the Slingbox Network Setup Assistant to help configure your router

http://support.slingbox.com/get/network-assistant.html

Cheers,

The Slingbox Moderation Team