9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2012 6:35 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Remote issues

suec013

My remote was working fine until I changed cable boxes with Time Warner.  The box is a Motorola and for some reason I have a comcast remote.  I can access the guide and most all the buttons works.  The only problem is when I use the channel up or down it skips a channel.  I can get around that by pressing the channel numbers but the real problem is when I go to on demand and want to select a specific program.  Since it moves twice, I can't get to some of the selections!   Has anyone else had this problem?

• Re: Remote issues
          alanrichey42 Master

I am guessing you didn't search the forum before posting this ?   There have been dozens of postings about Comcast/Time Warner remotes and 'double-skipping'.    Check out the Custom Remotes at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=87

Come back if that doesn't solve the problem.

suec013

Thanks for responding to my post!   I actually did try to find the answer in the discussions but I could not find it and was getting frustrated.  I clicked on your link and I was totally lost.   I did find the download for 2 bin files-  (I believe you posted?) The Readme file is titled Readme(DVR) and the files are V2010_PL.bin and V2010_RV.bin.   I followed the directions and put my files in the Program Files for Sling as directed.   Whew....I am taking a break and thought I would post here to make sure I am on the right track?   This is an adventure for me.......  I feel like a total idio!

alanrichey42 Master

Looks good so far.    What box do you have and which set of BIN files did you download ?

And why take a break ?  Should only take a couple of minutes to install.

suec013

LOL!  A break because my poor brain is on overload.  I can't even spell idiot!

I have the Slingbox Pro and I put the files in my programs under slingbox as you instructed.  the two files are v2010_PL.bin and v2010_RV.bin

I hope those are the right ones

Thanks

Update:

I managed to navigate around and attempt the web base fix.  The custom remote simply does not respond to pressing the buttons.  I do not get any kind of error code

I also tried it on the standalone slingbox and no luck.  It did not respond to the power test but  I continued on as instructed.  No luck with the remote working.  I went back and configured the old remote.  

Any other suggestions?    

The IR is workin

alanrichey42 Master

I meant the device you are using, not the Slingbox.    I have adopted V2010 as my personal 'handle' for Custom Remotes and there are probably over 500 of them out there now, so I have no idea if you are using the right one

So what is the make and model number of the AV device and which Custom Remte (Full URL please) are you using.

And I assume you read the README file in full ?