3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 11:39 AM by beckifields RSS

Slingbox SOLO directly to TV?

renewester

Hi there.

Just received my new Slingbox SOLO, and try to set it up.

I wonder if it's possible to connect the Slingbox directly to my Samsung LED TV?
      Everywhere I read I'm told how to connect to my VCR. What if I don't have a VCR, and just want to use the TV as source.

Is this durable in any way?

Best regards

/Rene

• Re: Slingbox SOLO directly to TV?
          beckifields Novice

Hello renewester,

Thanks for contacting us on the Forums.  Congratulations on your new purchase.  You should be able to connect your Slingbox to your TV directly.  If you are using a coaxial or a antenna to get some type of picture, than it will be able to be seen through the Slingbox.  You could simply bypass the AV source and connect your Slingbox directly to the TV.

Hope this helps!

The Slingbox Moderation Team

renewester

Hi again

Thanks a lot for your answer.
              I believe I tried almost everything, but still I get no picture on my display.

My next step is to purchase an external DVB-C tuner.
              I found a Denver DVB-C 109HD which I believe will work.
              Only problem is that this tuner is not in the Slingbox library for remote controls.
              Do you know if this can be solved? Maybe I can choose a default box which will be able to sync. with the Denver remote?.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I really appreciate it :-)

Best regards

Rene

beckifields Novice

Hello renewester,

Thanks again for the reply.  I do apologize that you have no video. I have included a link that may be of assistance to you. Please do check it out below.

Watch on Slingbox.com plays audio but no video

http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000080.html

You also mentioned that you did not see the device in our remote control widgit.  When this happens we recommend that when you are in the setup,

that you actually try these steps:

• Select Other (at the end of the drop-down list) to display a generic remote control in Watch on Slingbox.com for your type of device;
                  • Specify a different model from the same manufacturer. That may result in your seeing a skinned remote that looks different from yours. But you may find that it still works just fine.

Also lastly, we also recommend that you report the remote that you are needing.  This can be done by visiting our forums, and submitting a request down below:

https://community.sling.com/community/enhancement_requests/remote_controls

hope this helps:

The Slingbox Moderation Team