Yes I am disgruntled, but it is not about the Slingbox quality, but the inability to get help. The Slingbox worked wonderfully and then wouldn't interface with my new DSL modem from CenturyLink. While your Support model is similar to Apple's, I can go to the Apple Store and ask questions. I don't have to pay for it. If I go on their forums looking for help, I will get lots of responses. At Slingbox, there is no one to talk to, and when I ask a question on your forum, I get two responses 5 days ago, and no follow up even though I responded back. I Googled Sling Support and you know what I found. Please step up and help me. Please Please Pretty Please. I will even provide the cherries (-:
Thank you for contacting Slingbox Forum. I am sorry you are having connection issues with the router.
We will suggest the following steps to try to connect the Slingbox to the router:
- Be sure that the Slingbox and the computer are hard wired to the router in the home network.
- Power off the router and the Slingbox for 30 seconds.
- After the 30 seconds, power on only the router until it is fully functional.
- When it is fully in use, plug in the Slingbox and wait for the 2 solid lights on it.
- Then try to connect by going to slingbox.com and click Watch for it to connect.
- If this does not work, then reset the Slingbox for 30 seconds, and try the computer again.
If this does not work, you may want to try a new power cord due to possibly the cord not giving enough power to maintain a network function. Here is a link to help explain the lights you may or may not see: All about the lights on the front of the Slingbox.
Let us know how you do!
Have a great day!
Sling Moderation Team