2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2012 10:00 AM by barbaraharwood Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Great Technical Support--Certainly Not Here!!

smudgeyjoe Newbie

I waited more than patiently for the iPad app, putting up with many, many problems. I finally got my Slingbox Solo going, and it worked well, in spite of the fact that Slingbox commercials portray an unreal picture, performing on a download speed that few ever have. Then I changed from Comcast to CenturyLink, and I lost everything I had gained. I am way beyond 90 days, so my only alternative is the forum. Paid support is 25% of the retail cost for one call, or 40% for unlimited calls. Forums would be fine, but I have gotten 2 responses. I have tried resetting numerous times, but the Slingbox still can't find my modem. That was suggestion one. Suggestion two had me setting up a wireless network, even though other FAQ info on this site suggests it doesn't work well at all, even with a Slinglink. That leaves me sitting here with a currently worthless piece of hardware with no alternatives but to spend 30$ for a single phone call, something that a retired teacher like me can't afford.  Forums such as Apple's would be fine. I woud get numerous response and possible solutions. I have gotten 2 in a week. Not exactly the optimal tech solution.

• Re: Great Technical Support--Certainly Not Here!!
          smudgeyjoe Newbie

Yes I am disgruntled, but it is not about the Slingbox quality, but the inability to get help. The Slingbox worked wonderfully and then wouldn't interface with my new DSL modem from CenturyLink. While your Support model is similar to Apple's, I can go to the Apple Store and ask questions. I don't have to pay for it. If I go on their forums looking for help, I will get lots of responses. At Slingbox, there is no one to talk to, and when I ask a question on your forum, I get two responses 5 days ago, and no follow up even though I responded back. I Googled Sling Support and you know what I found. Please step up and help me. Please Please Pretty Please. I will even provide the cherries (-:

• Re: Great Technical Support--Certainly Not Here!!
            barbaraharwood Newbie

Hi smudgeyjoe,

Thank you for contacting Slingbox Forum.  I am sorry you are having connection issues with the router.

We will suggest the following steps to try to connect the Slingbox to the router:

• Be sure that the Slingbox and the computer are hard wired to the router in the home network.
            • Power off the router and the Slingbox for 30 seconds.
            • After the 30 seconds, power on only the router until it is fully functional.
            • When it is fully in use, plug in the Slingbox and wait for the 2 solid lights on it.
            • Then try to connect by going to slingbox.com and click Watch for it to connect.
            • If this does not work, then reset the Slingbox for 30 seconds, and try the computer again.

If this does not work, you may want to try a new power cord due to possibly the cord not giving enough power to maintain a network function.  Here  is a link to help explain the lights you may or may not see:  All about the lights on the front of the Slingbox.

Let us know how you do!

Have a great day!

Sling Moderation Team