1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 12, 2012 3:26 PM by archie.sling Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Want to get a Pro HD but I am worried about Power issue.

loudo2002

I know all of the positives of the Slingbox Pro HD and now the fact that I can watch it thru my WD live player. I realize that there is really no other device out there like the slingbox that can do the things it can do.

My issue is this: Is it a given that the power issue is going to happen? I really want to rely on this box come NFL season for football games from my home market where the slingbox will be located. I will not be near the slingbox to troubleshoot it if the power supply stops working and I dont want to miss any games or extended time where I would be "waiting for a part" or a new unit to come in the mail.

My question is, Is there a percent of these that go bad from the power supply issue? 10%, 20%, 50%?

Is this thing really worth the risk? 250 bucks is not chump change!

Thanks for your help.

PS....I looked at the Vulcano, but it only works on mobile devices and I want to play this thru the app on the WD Live onto my TV only.

Thanks Again!

Lou

• Re: Want to get a Pro HD but I am worried about Power issue.
          Apprentice

Hello loudo2002,

Thank you for participating in the Slingbox Answers Forum. We're happy to hear you'd like to join the Slingbox Technology! I understand your concerns when it comes to issues that could happen with our product. Slingbox is available 7 days a week, 365 days a year and we are more than happy to support our customers who may experience a problem. It's rare that we would have to replace the unit with this issue, so I strongly recommend purchasing a Slingbox for the football season.

Hope this Helps.

Best Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team