2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2012 9:02 AM by barbaraharwood RSS

no more analog from my cable provider. does this make the Pro-HD internal tuner useless?

Here was my question to Cablevision:

I am suddenly unable to receive a signal remotely via my Slingbox,  although I am able to view all channels on my home TV. See the attached  screen capture for the message that is visible on every channel when  viewed remotely through the Slingbox.
      My setup is as follows:
      Coaxial cable plugged into Slingbox PRO-HD
      Slingbox connected to Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250HD
      Cable box connected to HD TV

The Slingbox and cable connection are otherwise functioning normally.

Here was the response from Customer Service:

I see you have one HD cable box.  If your Sling box is connected  directly to the cable line without a cable box first, you will no longer  be able to get a signal.  As of 6/5/2012 the analog signals have been  remove to make room for more and better digital services.  The link  below discusses this issue.
      Do I need a digital cable box for every television?
      Answer Link: http://optimum.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/389

So is there any way now to get the internal tuner to work as before, i.e., watch one channel at home while my brother watches a different channel remotely? Is Cablevision trying to tell me that I need a separate cable box for the Slingbox?

• Re: no more analog from my cable provider. does this make the Pro-HD internal tuner useless?
          tootallll

There is no way that I know of to watch two channels at the same time if you have to connect to your cable box first....I would definitely like to know if there is!

• Re: no more analog from my cable provider. does this make the Pro-HD internal tuner useless?
            barbaraharwood Newbie

Hi  030377,

Thank you for contacting Slingbox Forum.  I understand that you would like to hook up your PRO-HD to view at two different locations.  I am glad to assist you with this.  Be sure you have an Ethernet cable from the Slingbox to the router. Also, have an Ethernet cable connecting the computer to the router in the home network.

To do this:

• We need to have a splitter attached to the coax cable coming in from the wall.
            • Then have one coax cable go to the PRO-HD Slingbox
            • The other coax cable goes to the cablebox for the TV access.
            • From the cable box, you will directly connect composite or the component cables to the TV.
            • Please go to setup.slingbox.com and set up the PRO-HD tuner completely through the Internet Viewing test to access remote viewing.

Hope this helps with your issue!

Have a great day!

Sling Moderation Team