4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2012 12:58 PM by Frag01 RSS

Constant Buffering

Frag01

I am attempting to view my slingbox while traveling but get constant buffering with good Internet speeds (generally 6mps or better which is not bad for hotels). However the constant buffering in Auto quality and pausing in SD quality makes viewing on the iPad unusable. What is the fix? Is anyone having success with Internet viewing?

Thanks for any help...

• Re: Constant Buffering
          beckifields Novice

Hello

Thanks for reaching out to us in the land of the forums.

The main reason for this behavior is the connection speed. If the connection speed on both ends (Slingbox location and your current remote location) is not good enough, the signal will be affected. The following links will provide you with some information that might help you.

A slow Internet connection at home can affect picture quality

http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000040.html

Network speed requirements for SlingPlayer Mobile for iPad

http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-2000394.html

Cheers,

The Slingbox Moderation Team

Frag01

Yes I am aware of the Internet upload/download speed requirements. I have Uverse at home with upload speeds in excess of 2-5mps so there is no issue there. I tested my download speed at the hotel to be in the range of 5-6mps and still had the buffering issues even in Standard Quality. A search on the forum reveals others with the same issue. Is there a fix when a computer will view just fine but the iPad will not in the same environment when the connection speed on both ends is well above the minimum required?

beckifields Novice

Hello Frag01,

Thanks for contacting us back.  We do apologize that you are still having issues with the buffering. Again the main cause for this is due to lack of speed either on your home network or the network that is being used. (Just to inform you if you are staying in a hotel, please be advised that many people are trying to use the Internet at the same time, and that can very well bog down the usage and the speed).  Try taking the iPad to another Wi-Fi spot to test this out.

We have included another link that may be of use.  Of course this is for Android Players, but the concept is quite the same for an iPad. 

Troubleshooting SlingPlayer for Android Tablets video quality issues

http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000314.html

Cheers,

The Slingbox Moderation Team.

Frag01

I did test the network at the hotel and found the download speed to be 1,9mps so that shouldnt be an issue. I also have an upload speed at home in the neighborhood of 5mps up. Are there any settings on the slingbox itself I need to look at when I get home?