8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2012 9:13 AM by tpmelia RSS

Remote not working

pegongpagong

My slingbox is connected to my Directv receiver.  I'm currently using Directv's remote control model # RC64R.  Under the Direct TV remote choices, this particular model is not an option that I can choose. I selected the Directv universal remote as an alternative.  The picture of this remote is identical to the one I'm using to manually control my receiver.  However, when I try to control this model on my computer or my Ipad, I could not change the channel or turn off the power.  Can you help?  Thanks

• Re: Remote not working
          alanrichey42 Master

Check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it doesn't help.

Al

pegongpagong

Hi Alan,

Just to let you know that I followed your instructions on installing a stand alone Sling box player on my PC and followed your other link relating to the use of custom code during setup.  Unfortunately the results were the same, the remote did not work.  However, when I called Slingbox tech support to re-open up my case, and to let her know that my IR adapters were working fine (used a digital camera to see if there is light flashing when I pressed on one of the buttons on the remote), she commented on whether my physical hand held remote was setup for  IR or RF frequency.

I then recalled that since my Olevia flat screen was one of the newer models when it came out, the TV was not equipped for IR settings and the tech support at Directv had me switched the remote to RF.  Now that it's back to IR, it works, the virtual remote works!   I'm sure your suggestion provided enhancement by supplying the custom code.

The remote control that Slingbox provided for the Directv Universal Remote worked fine, before I re-located the slingbox to another room where the TV only accepted RF and not IF.  Thank you very much for your assistance and quick response.

Rene

alanrichey42 Master

Good, glad it's all working.  In fact I mention the IR/RF problem in the posting "...Some of these also use RF for their systems so make sure you have IR selected for the output you are using...." but maybe not as prominently as it should be.

• Remote required for Goodmans GDR11
                tpmelia

I've just acquired a new Slingbox Solo after years of having the original Slingbox. At the same time I decided to upgrade my freeview receiver to a Goodmans GDR11. This is not a supported device. I've tried all the other Goodmans remotes but to no avail, is anyone able to help or has anyone created a remote for this device yet. I've looked but can't find it listed in the forums.

Many thanks in advance.