4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2012 6:19 AM by jaimes0812 RSS

Swingbox solo v Swingbox Pro HD

bchisholm

I am interested in purchasing a swingbox and I am confused as to which one will work.  We have an HD TV.  We have an HD connection through Roadrunner with a DVR.  We will be traveling out of the country this summer and would like to be able to change and watch any channel, to be able to set up, watch and delete programs from the DVR.  I think we don't care about HD quality because we are on laptops.  First, will a SOLO connect to an HD configuration and if so given what I described above why would I need a Pro HD

• Re: Swingbox solo v Swingbox Pro HD
          Apprentice

Hello bchisholm,

Thank you for participating in the Slingbox Answers Forum. We're happy to hear you're interested in purchasing a Slingbox product. If you visit our website at www.slingbox.com, you can compare the 2 different models you are looking into purchasing.

Hope this Helps.

Best Regards,

The Slingbox Answers Forum

bchisholm

I have looked at the comparison but I guess do not understand enough to answer my own question.  The techs at Best Buy were not much help so I thought I would come to the experts.

Thanks

Apprentice

Hello bchisholm,

Thank you for your response! Let me clear up any questions you may have in regards to the difference between the 2 devices. You can use a component connection with either Slingbox. The biggest difference between the two Slingboxes is with the PRO HD you can connect more than one video source. If you are only looking to connect one video source to your Slingbox then the Slingbox SOLO would be a good fit for you.

I hope this clears up any questions you may have had. Have a great day!

Best Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team