13 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2012 10:08 PM by ndegirolamo@yahoo.com RSS

Tivo remotes - Non Functional

mrmengo

When adding TiVo remotes (TiVo TiVo remotes)  Ex: TiVo Premier, XL, Series 1, 2, 3.  Buttons are Greyed out.  The very important buttons, such as the TiVo button, Clear, LiveTV (aka Swap).

Also there is no Tivo Premiere (series 4) option.

It took forever to find one that did not have the buttons greyed out.

Also tried the Legacy Player... same thing there.

Also, is this the only way of getting support for the device?

• Re: Tivo remotes - Non Functional
            mrmengo

Thanks for that link.

That looks like what I need, but it is not.  Unless I am under the wrong impression, slingbox.com/watch is the only supported (non legacy) way of using my new ProHD.  Can I use that link to work with slingbox.com/watch?  This does not look to be the case.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

So rather than installing Legacy SW, and going through hoops to get it to work (multiplied by # of users who access same said sling), I wondered if I could contact someone from slingbox support on the forums, or via email, to get some attention to this possible issue for all who use slingbox.com with Tivo.

alanrichey42 Master
                That looks like what I need, but it is not.  Unless I am under the wrong impression, slingbox.com/watch is the only supported (non legacy) way of using my new ProHD.  Can I use that link to work with slingbox.com/watch?  This does not look to be the case.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, you are wrong    if you read the instructions you will see that although you have to temporarily install the standalone Slingplayer to get the Custom Remote downloaded to the Slingbox, after that you can use it with watch.slingbox.com.  Having said that, many of find the standalone player is much better than the web-based version so I would recommend you try it. 

So rather than installing Legacy SW, and going through hoops to get it to work (multiplied by # of users who access same said sling), I wondered if I could contact someone from slingbox support on the forums, or via email, to get some attention to this possible issue for all who use slingbox.com with Tivo.

I wish you luck, I have been trying for 3 years without success    I would love to know the Company's rationale behind not adding the Tivo Premier realistic remote, it seems incomprehensible.

As you have multiple users I would also point out that while the Remote only has to be downloaded  to the Slingbox once, from one machine, that the file required to display the realistic  remote has to be installed on each machine which is going to access the box.   Otherwise a generic remote is displayed.

Hope that helps.

Al

BrandonC Novice

alanrichey42 wrote:

I wish you luck, I have been trying for 3 years without success    I would love to know the Company's rationale behind not adding the Tivo Premier realistic remote, it seems incomprehensible.

It looks like they have got around to it. There is a new  TiVoGloPremium.spr remote skin using V1504 bin file.  You will see the Premiere, XL and Elite as a section in the WSP.

I haven't had a chance to look at it any closer yet. I would love to hear feedback on it if anyone has tried it yet.

alanrichey42 Master

Good, I hadn't seen that (I am still running a Series 2 Tivo )

I have rebuilt the Custom Remote using that code and it looks OK to me, so now you don't need to install the extra SPR file, the realistic remote skin will show automatically once the BIN file is downloaded to the Slingbox.

Anyone able to test it out ?

BrandonC Novice

alanrichey42 wrote:

I have rebuilt the Custom Remote using that code and it looks OK to me, so now you don't need to install the extra SPR file, the realistic remote skin will show automatically once the BIN file is downloaded to the Slingbox.

Anyone able to test it out ?

You shouldn't need to install an external bin file. If you go through the setup you can choose the Premeire and it should grab their V1504 biin file, install it etc.
                            Unless yours is different than Sling's. I don't have a Premiere either so can't test the colored buttons. If you want to compare your bin file to theirs let me know.

ndegirolamo@yahoo.com

If the solution to the greyed out buttons hasen;t been found try saying that your Tivo is a series 2.  There are 2 series 2 choices one of them will give you the remote that works.  The TiVo button works and it's really no different from the newer remote.  Hope it helps.  Genny