5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2012 11:05 AM by smithy37 RSS

Resetting a Slingbox Solo

smithy37

I have two slingbox solo's and one of them has decided it doesn't want to talk to my network. It has been working fine and then one day I noticed the ethernet light blinking on the front of the solo and the light at my switch flashing too. I moved the cable to another port on my switch, but the problem remained.

So, I browsed this support forum and read that I should reset the slingbox and set it back up again as a new instal. However, I am pressing and holding the reset button on the back for 5 seconds (probably more like 20) and nothing is happening.

How can I get the slingbox out of its coma please?

It is probably still within warranty, so will it warrant a replacement unit?

Please help

Thanks

• Re: Resetting a Slingbox Solo
          smithy37

Just read a similar thread and it seems to suggest it may be a faulty PSU. I will see if I can swap the PSU from my other slingbox and give that a try. However, the slingbox is cabled into the wall so this will be no mean feat!

shaysfn Novice

Hey Smithy,

Thanks for using our Answers Forum.  I have an article, The Network light on your Slingbox blinks or turns off,  that will walk you step by step thru the -resetting process.  If this doesn't work, feel free to give us a call at 877-GoSling(877-467-5464).

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Slingmedia Moderation Team

smithy37

Thanks for replying.

I followed the link and it basically told me to try what I had already tried.

The reset doesn't do anything and when I try and connect locally through the network to setup the slingbox it tells me to connect through the internet, but as it isn't connecting to my network it tells me it can't connect. Vicious circle here.

The ethernet light is on dimly and blinks randomly and there seems to be a few other threads in this forum reporting exactly the same issue as me, most of which suggest a PSU failure.

The support number you gave me is a US number and I am based in the UK, so it might be helpfull if you can divulge the UK number please.

I have another slingbox that is still working so I am going to try and swap the PSU unit (it is cabled into the wall, so this will be a long job). Obviously if that is the issue then I will look to get a replacement PSU. My slingbox is less than 9 months old so I assume it is still under the manufacturers warranty.

I'll keep you posted.

shaysfn Novice

Hey Smithy37,

I can absolutely provide you with the number for customer support in the UK.  That would be (020)7294-0157.  If you are under warranty we can definitely help you with this issue.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Slingmedia Moderation Team

smithy37

Swapped the power unit and voila, no more problems.

I now have two slingboxes and only one working power supply. I'll be on to customer services on Wednesday for a replacement under warranty.

Can I suggest you don't rule out the psu in future.

Ta.