1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 5, 2012 9:24 AM by barbaraharwood RSS

Video player shows white screen

jfkemmerer

Hello-  recently the video stream from my slingbox solo stopped working. Instead of showing the picture, the player just shows a white box. The audio works just fine, and I am able to use the remote to change channels but no video. I have tried rebooting the slingbox and made sure all cords were firmly connected, especially the yellow video component. I can't think of anything with that would have caused any changes, as my slingbox has been working great for months now. Any ideas what could be going on here?

Thanks.

• Re: Video player shows white screen
          barbaraharwood Newbie

Hi jfkemmerer.

Thank you for contacting Slingbox Forum. I am sorry you are having the white video screen. Is this happening on the computer and any mobile devices?

Have you tried to change out the video cables entirely?  You may want to check and see if those cables work with another video source to confirm the ports on cable box are working to send out the correct video and the Slingbox ports can accept the video signal.  Here is a link to assist you with general video issues:

Watch on Slingbox.com plays audio but no video

Hope this helps with your issue!

Have a great day!

Sling Moderation Team