1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 10, 2012 8:35 AM by archie.sling RSS

There was an error connecting to your Slingbox. Make sure that your Slingbox is ON and connected to your network. Also check that firewall and router allow access. Do you want to retry?

jodybrookshire

Please help...  My slingbox can no longer connect to the internet.  I originally thought that it was because I started working from home and more equipment was connected to my router, but I have done a lot of updates since then.  I have updated my charter connection to a premium service, updated the wireless router to a Netgear N600 and have reset my slingbox to factory settings.  When I was going through the Set-up wizard, I was connected and saw my tv and was watching tv, I got all the way to the part of selecting the remote, clicked next and it was in the final setup verifying internet browsing and then all of a sudden I go the message "There was an error connecting to your Slingbox. Make sure that your Slingbox is ON and connected to your network. Also check that firewall and router allow access. Do you want to retry?"  I also got the firewall message that says would you like to allow this connection (something like that) and I said yes.  But I am still not getting anywhere?  has anyone else had this trouble.  What do you recommend?