6 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2012 10:59 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Bell 6131

jabboud

Hey I have a Bell 6131 receiver hooked up on a Slingbox solo, it used to work fine, had to reset the machine due to network connectivity.  I proceeded to an update of the firmware as suggested by slinngbox.  My on screen remote does nothing at all, I browsed other threads and no solution has worked for me, Some threads suggested  choosing Dish Network Vip 211 it didnt work, as well as several others.   I double checked my infrared transmitters, and they are hooked up properly. So i wonder if anyone has a solution to help me out. Thank you in advance.

• Re: Bell 6131
          alanrichey42 Master

Assuming you are talking about the Bell ExpressVue 6131 (not BellSouth or BellAtlantic) then they were correct, this bos uses the standard Dish Network codes.   So any of the Dish Network devices should work.   If not, are you sure the box is set to use an IR remote, rather than RF ?  Have you confirmed that the Remote Addresses are correct ?  (See the manual if you don't know what I am talking about)

jabboud

Thanks for your reply,  yes i am talking about Bell express vu 6131.  The device would work properly, I don't know how to check if its set to rf or ir.  I know how to check remote adress on the bell receiver, but what exactly is that number supposed to help me out with ?

alanrichey42 Master

I don't know how to check if its set to rf or ir. 

Neither do I, I have never seen thre box.  Although checking the on-line manual I can find no mention of it.?    Try looking at the actual remote thorugh a digital camera/mobile phone.  If you see a white flash then it is using IR.

I know how to check remote adress on the bell receiver, but what exactly is that number supposed to help me out with ?

Just make sure the Sling remote is using the same number when you set it up.  (As I recall the default is zero)