2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2012 2:32 PM by bobg8zwf RSS

Best way to get pictures via Sling Pro on 2nd TV in same house.

cmtsling

I have recently installed a Slingbox Pro attached to my Sky HD+ box and main TV along with 2 x powered ethernet plugs to link back to my Router & internet access in another room.  This works fine for access via laptop (with s/w download) over the internet and back to the Slingbox.

However, is there another, better way to access the Sky programmes via the Slingbox from a 2nd TV in that same 2nd room in the same house without doing it through the PC, which I assume goes out via the router to the internet before comming back into the house via the router and to the Slingbox ??

Can this be achieved though a local LAN not connected to the internet, and would this improve quality and responsiveness ??

Apologise if the answer is obvious or somewhere in a previous FAQ.  I am not very technical, but logically feel I am missing something and there must be another way.

Many thanks in advance.

Marc T

• Re: Best way to get pictures via Sling Pro on 2nd TV in same house.
          barbaraharwood Newbie

Hi cmtsling,

Thank-you for contacting Slingbox Forum.  It would be wonderful to access other TVs in your home with the Slingbox!

At this time, we are not able to connect the Slingbox to a second TV in the home network except by connecting the computer you have to that TV.

There are connected devices available, like the Boxee Box and WD-TV, that will work with the Slingbox PRO-HD and the Slingbox SOLO and attach directly to you TV.  They can be used with US-based Slingbox devices only at this time. More information about these devices can be found on slingbox.com and you can Google information about them too.

Hope this helps you with this issue!

Have a great day!

Sling Moderation Team

• Re: Best way to get pictures via Sling Pro on 2nd TV in same house.
            bobg8zwf Newbie

Only way (currently) seems to be to purchase a Slingcatcher from ebay or similar online place. Slingcatcher works very well in most circumstances. Great shame that Sling stopped making them for whatever reason. From reading this and other forums, none of the "boxes" currently sold (Logitech, WD etc) function reliably. Also do not work at all with Slingbox Pro (I understand).

It would be nice if Sling would comment on why they decided to stop producing the Slingcatcher, - and if they have plan to produce an updated version.

Bob