5 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 2:29 PM by jesse.sling RSS

remote control probelm

ACC3049838

my remote control does not work with slingbox.  I've tryed everthing and it does not change channels or do anything else exempt volume.

• Re: remote control probelm
          alanrichey42 Master

Check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0   Come back if it doesn't help.

tluikens

I am not the person who started this thread but I am seeking the same or similar solution to the problem that available remote controls do not operate a Directv receiver dvr model HR 24-200.  I have read the messageat   https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0 and tried the methods in section 2.  with no change or improvement. I have also searched at other forums for a custom designed remote control but not located one that works.

I did not fully understand the reference to multiple Remote Addresses used by Directv receivers. How do I change the address to one that is supported while configuring the settings using the slingplayer setup assistant? The device is Directv HR24-200. I do not know what the address is.

Tom Luikens

alanrichey42 Master
                  I did not fully understand the reference to multiple Remote Addresses used by Directv receivers. How do I change the address to one that is supported while configuring the settings using the slingplayer setup assistant? The device is Directv HR24-200. I do not know what the address is.

It's all covered in the DirecTV manual   Basically DirecTV have implemented a system whereby you can have multiple boxes in a room but still allow you to control them individually.   Each box is allocated a Remote Address from 1-8, with the default being 1.   You need to make sure that your box is set to the same remote address as the Slingbox Virtual Remote is using.  if you only have a single box then it makes sense to have it set to 1.

Also, as far as I know DirecTV allow the use of RF for the remote and you obviously need to make sure it is set to IR.   Again, I think it is covered in the manual.

ACC3049838

I have done the digital camara test and I can not see white lite coming out of the IR blasters.  What could be the problem?

jesse.sling Novice

Thanks for participating in our online forum! I have located a article that may help you in resolving that issue you are having. Advanced IR Blaster Troubleshooting. I hope this information is helpful!

Sling Media Moderator Team