7 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2012 3:38 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Channel master dvr remote issues

jradtke

Since the latest to the sling media app on my iPad, I am not able to get the remote to work on my channel master dvr from my iPad, anyone have any suggestions?

• Re: Channel master dvr remote issues
          alanrichey42 Master

I am not able to get the remote to work on my channel master dvr from my iPad

What EXACTLY does that mean ?  It could be dozens of things.  Please be a LOT more specific

jradtke

When the updated app was installed it changed the remote itself and I am not able to get the commands to work. I am not able to see my recorded shows, as the remote is not compatible.  The same issue has happened with my DVD player and I cannot find a way to change The remote type on the iPad app.

alanrichey42 Master

Is the remote image the same on your PC/MAC ?    I might be able to help, who are the manufacturers of your devices and the model numbers ?

jradtke

I am using a pc and the remote is correct on the pc, however the iPad gives me a generic looking remote.  My dvr is a channel master pal7000 and uses a dish network remote on the pc.  I have removed them from my sling box hd and readded them, but still have a generic remote that does not work.

alanrichey42 Master

OK not sure what has happened here.  Basically the Sling servers will look at the binary codes that were installed when you added the device and will decide if they have a realistic remote they have designed (They have done about 150 of the most popular  models).  If they haven't produced a realistic remote they will display  the generic remote.

Now, why the PC displays a Dish Network image and the iPad displays the generic remote is a mystery.

Is it logical that a Dish Network remote is displayed ?  is that your provider ?

When you re-added it did you add it as Channel Master PAL 7000 or as a Dish Network box ?   It might be worth trying installing a Dish Network device and see what happens.

Checking the IR Code database, I cannot find the PAL 7000, just a CM-7000 and that uses a completely different set of codes.  Most peculiar.

..but still have a generic remote that does not work.

Please don't use the words 'does not work', they are totally useless for someone trying to help.  Please explain EXACTLY what the problem is.