1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 20, 2012 8:47 AM by shaysfn RSS

Setup won't go into Internet Viewing Setup

bli8@yahoo.com

I am able to watch video from my Mac which is on the same wired network as the Slingbox Solo (both front red lights on) but when prompted to go to Internet Viewing Setup, I get the message "Internet Viewing Settings can only be changed from within the home network".  But I'm doing it from within my home network already and why is this message showing up?

Then I thought I'd configure the router manually which I have done many times with other devices and web servers with a network, I was ablt to get the IP address of the Solo on my router's DHCP lease (192.168.199.225), and opened the port in port and port out value 5001 of 192.168.199.225 on my router in the Application and Gaming tab of my Linksys E4200 router.  What am I doing wrong?

Any help is much appreciated?

• Re: Setup won't go into Internet Viewing Setup
          shaysfn Novice

Hey bli8@yahoo.com,

Thanks for using our Answers Forum.  I understand that your having trouble setting up your Slingbox for internet viewing.  I do have a couple of questions for you, are you using your MAC wirelessly?  If you are, I would recommend hard wiring it to your router just to guarantee that you are on the same network as your Slingbox.

Second, what browser are you using for your setup, I would recommend using Firefox, it seems to be the browser that works the best in the setup.

I do have an articles that will provide additional helpful information:

The last article explains how to get in contact with Support if you need further assistance.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sling Moderation Team