11 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2011 2:26 PM by Joetampa RSS

Slingbox Pro HD out of sync audio/video after update

skihuff216

My slingbox pro was working fine until i upgrade the firmware. The audio streams fine but the picture will not sync with the audio and it freezes for like 3 seconds then will be back to normal again until it freezes again, but audio is always fine. So i will unplug the power and then plug back in, it will slove this problem but after about 30 min of watching it will do the same thing again. Any idea why? Thank you for the help

• Re: Slingbox Pro HD out of sync audio/video after update
          Apprentice

Hi skihuff216,
          Thanks for  participating in the Slingbox Answers Forum!

Please take a look of the  settings on the SlingPlayer with the help of this link to troubleshoot  this issue

SlingPlayer  Options: Encoding

Kind Regards,
          The Slingbox Answers  Forum Moderation Team

Jimmy123

My grandsons does the same thing beginning last Friday, June 4th. We bought him a Slingbox because he's a quadraplegic who can only slightly move one hand.  As he cannot get up and reset the Slingbox this resetting resloution of the Slingbox is not an acceptable answer.  This box cost wayyy too much to be ignored by Slingbox software support. 

RocktimusCrime

My slingbox pro-hd has the same issue. I have a very good computer and a very fast dedicated connection and my box was working fine until the last update.

HT1977 Newbie

Did you ever get a resolution to this issue?   I've worked with Sling Boxes for a few years at work, but just bought my own at home.  I am seeing the same trouble.  on my Pro-HD.  I have a very fast Internet connection (30/25Mbps).  I have the audio sync problem and when viewed at a remote location (not on my home network) I get picture freezing, start and stopping.

I've tried a number of different settings.  Check for firmware upgrades (system is brand new), etc.

thanks

Jimmy123

My Slingbox sync problems at home with it networked via our router cleared up with messing around with many different audio and video bit rate adjustments.  I just kept at it until I got the perfect syncing between the 2.

When I was down the shore on vacation using a much slower wireless connection I had to adjust the settings to slower rates and it worked pretty good.  It was acceptable enough to be able to watch.     

HT1977 Newbie

Jimmy:

Acceptable?  I just purchased my first personal slingbox, but I've worked with litterally hundreds of the installations with my work.  I have never seen any of the units perform the way mine has.  Our office uses older sling box units still running 1.2.xx software.

I called tech support, as I said I would.  They observed the problem with no real surprize as they checked out my system.   They tried a new port setting, rebuilt the router entry, inspected settings, etc.  They could find nothing wrong with the network itself.  Their solution was for me to install the sling box in another network (soemone else's house) and call them back.  They want to try and recreate the problem in another environment.  How's that for technical support.

The support tech said my network wasn't showing a very good B/W to support the video, but the system didn't ever indicate or confirm his evaluation.  While at work today, I slinged into my home and compared the optimized B/W to other slingbox location we use at work.  The B/W was comparable accross all sites.  At home when I sling into the box, the optimized B/W is over 8Mbps and the problem is as bad as when viewing over the Internet.  Do you think  8Mbps+ is enouth B/W to adequately support the sling box system?

I've had my slingbox running while on the Forum, and I have received two times the error, "Bad Gateway".  Has anyone seen that before?

I think we should not accept any level of degraded service with these slingboxes.  I know they work well when their  network environment  is adequate.  If Sling Media can not find a resolution to this problem, I'll be sending the unit back.

HT1977 Newbie

Resoultion...not quite, but the picture is normal now.

I  decided to power cycle the slingbox last night in the midst of all this  chatter, as others had seen some success with that effort.  Well guess  what, after the power cycle (~15 secs.)  I didn't see ONE  freeze, pixel, sputter, audio drop, or picture delay.  I was home at  the time within my network.  At work today, I monitored my home slingbox  all day, changed channels occasionally and never say any problems.  I'm  home now and was able to maintain a good picture while downloading MS  XP upgrades by changing the picture quality configuration to the lowest  setting.  Still, no freezing picture.  It's nice and smooth.  I'll be  keeping my eye on the function of my slingbox.

I  still plan to reinstall my slingbox in another house network next  week.  I'm curious to see if the setup and initialization process have  any bearing on the problem.

bedrocker7

Hey! Thanks for participating!  Uh- gotta go!