1 Reply Latest reply: May 11, 2012 9:12 AM by obie RSS

Slingbox Player hangs after a few minutes

eang18

Has anone experience theie Slingbox Player hang after a few minutes. If you restart the Slingbox Player, it plays again for a few minutes and hangs again. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Yours,

Eric

• Re: Slingbox Player hangs after a few minutes
          obie

I have the same issue and have searched the forums and see many having the same issue - but no solution.

When at home on the same network, the slingplayer/box work fine.

If i try to connect at work (across town) it plays for a few seconds/minutes and then errors.

There was an error connecting to your Slingbox. Please try again. Do you want to retry? [Code:W211]

My uncle in Thailand was able to view with very few issues until a week or so ago.

He reported seeing a maintenace update on the Sling website, and now he too cannot stay connected for more than a few

seconds/minute before getting the same error.

The old (unsupported) Sling App acts the same way. No error message - just drops the connection.

Please - Sling Support... find out what is happening.  It is totaly unusable like this!

I have reset the box several times!  Your only response to this matter is "reset the box"

That doesn't fix it!  Let's find out a common thread of those that are having this issue...

What information do you need to troubleshoot this? 

I have the Slingbox Pro HD and an Apple Airport Extreme Router.  Cable Modem.