7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2012 4:29 AM by sojac RSS

Code HDCP - 020 help????

username2

I have a slingbox pro (NOT HD) that has functioned great for years but I have recently upgraded to an HD scientific atlantic cable box and I can no longer view my slingbox over the internet. A blue screened code pops up with the bottom code reading "CODE HDCP-020". I have attempted to reboot my hd cablebox with only the slingbox pro attachments (both S-video and component cables) It all works fine during the same day but the following day when I go to connect remotely over the internet I recieve the blue screen and code instead of video. I have called my cable company and switched my Video output on the box as well to 480 i in hopes that would help but alas nothing I have tried has worked.

Do I have to upgrade to slingbox pro hd? Or can my slingbox pro accept hd as well. The quality of the image isnt hugely important to me, so long as I physically can get the image while viewing over the internet.

Any suggestions?

• Re: Code HDCP - 020 help????
          sojac Newbie

Don't you have a TV connected to the HDMI output of the atlantic cable box?

username2

Yes, the cable box is connected to the TV via HDMI cable, but not to the sling box. The TV is connected to the slingbox via component cables. I have even tried unplugging the HDMI from the cable box all together, rebooting the box so it will recallibrate for the component cables only. It would work for a few hours but I dont know if the box resets at night because the next day I would log onto slingbox.com and would receive the same error code. Still not able to remotely view my slingbox via the internet due to the error code screen.

To review my problem:

Internet connectivity is set up and working fine on both ends. My slingbox is connected to my router, my router can be access via remote internet connection. Before I can turn on my cable box via the slingbox, I get an error screen saying "Code HDCP -020"

My slingbox pro (non HD) is connected to an HD cable box via component cables via the component audio video out ports.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I have tried a wide variety of things and none has worked for more then 24 hours. * I have successfully viewed my cable box from remote internet viewing through the slingbox so I know it has the potential to work. But it seems to reset every 24 hours or so and the Code - HDCP-020 pops up again and I cannot view the cablebox remotely.

sojac Newbie

So if there is nothing connected to the HDMI output of your cable modem you still receive HDCP error?

HDCP encription mechanizm is related only to the HDMI output. If there is any problem with device connected to HDMI output you can see HDCP error requesters sent to all other outputs of the cable modem.

Disconnect your TV from the HDMI output and check if you ever see HDCP error. If not, it means that the problem can be solved by exchanging the HDMI cable to the iHDMI one.

username2

So I just did as you suggested and pulled the HDMI cable out of the my cable box and my slingbox started working and I no longer saw the HDCP-020 screen. You suggested buying an iHDMI cable but I cannot find any place to order one. Do you know where I can find one and how much I can expect to pay?

I would like to find one of these cables and hook it up because I dont plan on unplugging my TV from my cable box everytime I anticipate remote viewing.

And just to confirm this cable would connect from my cable box to my TV?