12 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 8:00 AM by QRT RSS

Denver DVBC-116HD

QRT

I have found a remote control made by alanrichiy in 2010 for Denver  DVBC-109HD and it works fine with my DVBC-116HD connected to  a Slingbox  PRO-HD, except that I can not get in contact with the colored buttons  (they are greayed out). I need some of these color buttons to work  because they are used for example to delete files created by the PVR  function of the Denver.

I have read - in a Danish forum - that the Denver 116HD is similar to 109HD, but have not been able to verify anything as I am a newbe to Slingbox.

Please help? Kurt

Second question: The Denver manual suggest that when attaching a usb-harddisk to the DVBC, it should been very wise to use a usb-device connected to an external power supply. Any comments on that matter??

• Re: Denver DVBC-116HD
          alanrichey42 Master

HI

A bit confused here.  I don't have any record of producing a remote for the 109HD but do have one for the 108HD.  But that one supported the colour buttons so they should not be greyed out.    Which Custom Remote are you talking about ?  (URL).    The one I have is at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9043

QRT

Hi Alan!

Thank you very much for your answer and your interest and knowledge!

You are right, the remote control version I found was the one you mention. Sorry for making the confusion. As I am a newbe, I searched and searched about Sling-box and Denver, in Danish foras, and learned that Denver 108 equalled 109 which in turn is like 116 (quote: just another case).

The remote control 2010xx you made is working fine in all respect with my 116 and Slingbox HD-pro, except for the coloured button.

In short: your remote control 2010 for 108 is working 99% with 116. Hope this is more clear??

Kurt

alanrichey42 Master

Clearer, but I still don't understand why your colour buttons are greyed out as that Remote definately maps them.    What Player are you using ?

I've attached a newly compiled set, although they are identical to the ones you have already tried, but worth trying again.

Al

QRT

Hi Alan!

Thank you for the bin's. I placed them according to your instruction, but sadly for me, no difference, the colored buttons are greayed out everywhere they are in use on the DVBC (just tested with the  dvbc's remote control). I also found that ENTER button are greayed out,  however I believe that ENTER and OK is the same and the OK button works fine.

By "player" do you mean usb-player (harddisk)?

Kurt

QRT

Hi Alan!

It is a bit too early for me and we have a holiday in Denmark, but now I am fully up and running.

I have done the testing - and virutally alway use - the old windows player and it has version no. 2.0.4.521. I am using Windows-7 64 bits.

Kurt

alanrichey42 Master

I am at a loss to explian it then.  I use Slingplayer 2.0 and having installed those BIN files I get a remote with the coloured buttons definately enabled.   All I can think of is that there is some sort of caching going and you are not actually using the proper BIN files.

Image1.jpg

QRT

Hi Alan!

Thank you. Would you suggest that it might help if I uninstall the Slingplayer and remove all files concerning Slingplayer?

Kurt

alanrichey42 Master

No, Slingplayer doesn't really have anything to do with this.   What you could do is try installing through the Web-based player, following the instructions at http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-1000320.html

QRT

Hi Alan!

Thank you for your very fine efforts and interest!

I made the installation through the web-based player as you suggested. Apparently I could only upload one of the two bin files. So I uploaded both of them at different time, however both of them returned your remote control and unfortunately both of them without the "colored buttons".

So unless you may have other options for me to try, I think I just have to live with it and try to make a workaround (big harddisk so I don't need to erase PVR files) OR maybe I could pursuate you to suggest a different DVBC box than the Denver and one that you know would work under all circumstances (and off course one I could get in Denmark).

I actually live in Spain but being Danish I would like to see Danish television, so the Slingbox is located in Denmark.

Thank you very much for all your help. Very good!

Kurt

QRT

Hi Alan!

IT WORKS! Absolutely marvellous!

I made a mistake when doing the web-based installation. I simply chosed a wrong type of box and continued without video. But as I could not just leave it as it was, I gave it another shot, and there it was with ALL the colored bottons in clear color and they work absolutely fine BOTH via the web-based viewer and en Slingplayer.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR FINE HELP!

Kurt

QRT

Hi Alan!

Just wanted to send you a screenshot of the remote control.

Thanks Kurt