1 Reply Latest reply: May 2, 2012 2:50 PM by ranaleon RSS

Slingbox Connects, and Remote Appears, but No Picture Shows

psulliva

I was watching my slingbox the other day, and everything was fine.  All the sudden, the connection was lost.  When I re-opened the slingbox website and clicked watch, everything connected as it usually does.  However, once the remote appeared on screen, the picture screen remained black.  There was no audio or video that appeared, and no matter how many times I pressed the power button on the remote, nothing changed.  Has anyone ever experienced this before with their slingbox?  I live in Florida, and the slingbox is attached to my parents TV in Massachusetts.  Any suggestions on how I can/should fix this problem??  HELP!ef

• Re: Slingbox Connects, and Remote Appears, but No Picture Shows
          Apprentice

Hi psulliva,

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox PRO-HD since all of a sudden it has lost the video signal.

I recommend you to contact your parents and ask them about the cables connected from the Slingbox to the set top box. Since you did not mention any information about any possible error message, I also recommend you to check if you are using an HDMI cable to connect the set top box to your TV set.

If this is the case, you will need to remove the HDMI cable since it is not compatible with the Slingbox due to the HDCP restrictions. The only workaround for this possible scenario is to use the Component cable (RGB) from the set top box to your TV set and to the Slingbox. Further details are included on this link:

I get no video with any SlingPlayer (Watch, Windows, or Mac OS)

If the virtual remote control does not respond, I encourage you to run the AV source configuration one more time and make sure to place the IR Blasters right in front of the set top box IR sensors. Feel free to check this link in order to get detailed instructions:

Advanced IR Blaster or Onscreen Remote Control Troubleshooting

Hope this helps.

Regards.