4 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2012 11:46 PM by chakkarinen RSS

How to recieve HD signal from coaxial

fenrou

I'm using a coaxial input for Slingbox PRO-HD.  The coaxial input has both SD and HD channels.  When I try to access the HD channels from Slingbox, the channel does not render correctly.  Also the sound for most of the SD channels are very distorted.  Is there anything I can do to access the HD channels and improve the sound quality?  Does the Slingbox PRO-HD not handle HD signals from coaxail inputs?

• Re: How to recieve HD signal from coaxial
          bobtallman

Same issue.  I have digital cabel from my cable company connected to coax in on SLingbox.  I have a host of channels and subchannels, .e.g., 32.1, 32.2 etc., but none are diplaying in HD.  These channels do display in HD on my TV with internal digital tuner.

beckifields Novice

Dear fenrou and bobtllman,

Thanks for participating in our Forums.

If one of your connections is a HD source, you definitely will want to connect the video source using a component cable.  These cables do provide the best quality video.  For further information, please see the link below:

Slingbox PRO-HD Support

Cheers,

The Sling Moderation Forum Team

fenrou

The problem is that the HD source is coming from the coaxial cable. not a component cable.  Do you have any recommendation on what type of a converter would be needed to recived the HD signal from the coaxial into slingbox? 

chakkarinen Apprentice

fenrou and bobtallman:   have you tried putting an RF splitter on the coax cable coming out of your wall, then routing one coax cable from the output side of the splitter to your TV and a second coax cable from the output side of the splitter to the coax input on your Slingbox Pro HD?   You should then be able to continue to view those HD channels that you currently see on your TV on that TV.  And you should also be able to set up the Slingbox to interpret those same HD channels using the Slingbox's internal HD tuner.

In theory, you would then be able to stream those HD channels over the Internet with the Slingbox.   But be aware that streaming HD requires a very high UPLOAD speed on the Internet service that connects to the Ethernet port on your Slingbox.  Most likely, at least 4 megabits per second UPLOAD speed is required.

You can test the currents speeds on your Internet service by directing a computer browser to websites such as www.bandwidthplace.com or www.broadband.gov and running the test there.