3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2012 10:28 PM by BrandonC RSS

Ethernet bridge

dma0awc

I have to set up a bridge as the tuner is not near to the router.  I have two questions abou this:

1. Will the qulqity of the signql deteriorate?

2. I have the option of using either a turbo or a wireless option (airport express for example).  I am assuming that the turbo will be be more reliable/better quality but I've never used a bridge before and would like to know if this is true.

thanks

• Re: Ethernet bridge
          Apprentice

Hi dma0awc,

We understand that you need to connect the Slingbox to a bridge since this unit is not located in the same room where the router is. We support using a power bridge like the SlingLink TURBO (1 or 4-port). If you connect a wireless bridge, like the Airport Express, it will work very good as well. Either configuration will give you the same quality when you connect to the Slingbox.

How to connect your Slingbox to your wireless network using an Apple AirPort Express

Regards

csingleton1972

I am having trouble with this whole setup.  I have everything plugged up.  All the lights are on.  When I check my Cisco Router software, it says that "My Slingbox" is a connected device.  Everything appears good until I try to set it up and the message pops up that the setup can't find my slingbox.  FRUSTRATING.  Any suggestions?  I use a Mac laptop.

BrandonC Novice

csingleton1972 wrote:

I am having trouble with this whole setup.  I have everything plugged up.  All the lights are on.  When I check my Cisco Router software, it says that "My Slingbox" is a connected device.  Everything appears good until I try to set it up and the message pops up that the setup can't find my slingbox.  FRUSTRATING.  Any suggestions?  I use a Mac laptop.

Are you using an Ethernet Bridge as the topic suggests? How about you give us an idea on your exact LAN setup?